News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Seeking advice on how to accomplish this...

Started by johnpane, January 14, 2013, 08:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpane

Quote from: CoalMinerRetired on January 15, 2013, 04:23:46 AM
It also says this:
Quote....An LRN is assigned to each ported telephone number and is used to route calls through the PSTN to the switch serving the ported number. The LRN is intended only as the network address of the serving switch, however, and is not intended to convey any rate area information such as would be used determine whether a call is local or long distance. The same ten-digit LRN can be used for every ported number served from the switch to which the LRN's NPA-NXX is assigned.
For a number that started life as a landline in a given NPA-NXX, that CO switch is never going to change, calls to it will always get routed to that CO switch.  That's now I understand it.

The "switch serving the ported number" is the new switch, not the one where the number was "born"

CoalMinerRetired

If you can point to where that is explained or documented I'll believe it.

lhm.

"Depending on the cost and features of the solution to this problem, another possibility might be to route outgoing calls through X, which would also get me the correct caller id."

Voip.ms, good company and allows CallerId spoofing.

PS; I have ported 2 #s to GV (703-866-XXXX & 703-637-XXXX) and neither Bandwidth or Level3 appear.