News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

using same google voice number on two obi devices

Started by tdpinnyc, January 15, 2013, 10:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdpinnyc

I have an obi 110 and an obi 220 in two different locations.  My google voice number is connected to the obi 110 and works fine for both call-out and ring/call-in.  When I then also connect it to the obi 220 in a different location, it rings and calls out at the obi220, but at the obi 110 location it only works for calling; the phone no longer rings when the google voice number is dialed.  How can I configure the devices so that my google voice number will both ring and call out at both locations?

Dadof2

The only way that I have ever been able to make this happen is to use ObiPlus to accomplish this.  The 202 will become the master and the 100 series will basically become just a phone off of the 202.

The 202 will host the Google Voice connection and the 100 series device will use the 202 to route calls.

giqcass

I would set up Google voice on both devices for outbound calling.  Then I would set up a sipgate (or any other Voip) account on both devices for incoming calls.
I would turn off forwarding to Google chat but add the Sipgate numbers(or you favorite Voip provider) as forwarding numbers in Google Voice.
Now you should have seamless calling both in and out using Google Voice.

On another note if you wanted to upgrade the 110 to a second 202 the new firmware supports "Multi Ring" for Google Voice.
Long live our new ObiLords!

rousseau1

Quote from: tdpinnyc on January 15, 2013, 10:21:04 AM
I have an obi 110 and an obi 220 in two different locations.  My google voice number is connected to the obi 110 and works fine for both call-out and ring/call-in.  When I then also connect it to the obi 220 in a different location, it rings and calls out at the obi220, but at the obi 110 location it only works for calling; the phone no longer rings when the google voice number is dialed.  How can I configure the devices so that my google voice number will both ring and call out at both locations?
Can I ask you, how many nodes (phones/ devices ect.)  you have running thru  your OBi's? Thanks.
OBI 110

Lateralg

I have similar situation with a possible significant difference.

I'm a "Snowbird" who now has an Obi 100 at home A.  I've been physically taking the unit to home B for six months of each year. 

I'd like to leave the present unit in home A, buy a second Obi and leave it in home B.  The unit in home A would be disabled ... no power, no connection to the internet, when I'm at home B.  The unit in home B would be disabled when I return to home A.

1) Can I do this, and continue to use the two Google Voice numbers I now have?
2) If doable, is the solution simpler than that for the original poster's situation?
3) Which Obi unit best supports this?  (The one I plan to buy)

Make Better Things
Make Things Better
Gary