News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using Google Voice voicemail with Anveo on Obi110

Started by Daugpack, January 17, 2013, 05:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daugpack

I really thought I was smart but now, not so much.

I ported my number to Anveo (for the E911 service) and I also have a Google Voice number.  Both ring (yay) to my Obi110.

When folks call my Anveo number, and I'm on the phone, I'd like it to forward to my GV voicemail.

Also, when I don't answer the Anveo number, I'd like it to forward to my GV voicemail.

I'm thinking, should I just forward all my Anveo calls to my GV number?

(Anveo is set up as SP1 and GV is set up as SP2)

My questions are: 1) is - ^^ is this correct thinking?  and 2 (bigger) HOW do I do this?  Is it a function of Anveo? or my Obi? 

My brain is shutting down... I can't think anymore!

Felix

For variety of reasons I think it's better to do it on Anveo website. It is also possible to set it up on OBi - in SP1 Service - Calling features section. However, from Anveo's perspective, there will be three channels (the call you are having, incoming call to you, and outgoing call to GV).

You may send the forwarded call over GV channel, but I am afraid the caller may get your "check your messages" IVR, rather than "leave the message". Worth a try.

And, of course, either way, you will subject the callers to wait for you to pick up, and then another 25 seconds for GV to pick up.