News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setup OBi and Google Voice

Started by huffman, January 17, 2013, 01:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huffman

I was having all kinds of problems getting my OBi to connect to the Echo server.  I ended up buying a new phone system.  I have now been able to contact the Echo server and added my device to OBi Dashboard and can see the device.

::) Here is where I would like to show screen shot but since I can't here goes.

I click on my device on the Dashboard and a new screen comes up called "Device Configuration".

1.  The Device Display Name -  I am guessing this can be anything I want to enter.
2.  What is the "OBi Attendant Pin"?  Can I just assign any four digit number or do I have get this from OBi?
3.  Set my Time Zone is obvious.

Once that is done I can click on the "Google Voice Set-up"  button?  I already have a Google Voice phone number.

The next screen for Google Voice has several boxes.

1.  Configuration Name - Do I change this or call it what I want?
2.  Make This the Primary Line to Call Out from is checked
3.  Google Voicemail Notification is checked
4.  7-Digit Dialing for USA and Canada -  I have NO IDEA what goes in here.
5.  Gmail Usernamer - I have this
6.  Gmail Password - I have this

I am just curious; it never asks me for my Google Voice phone number.  Does it automatically know that number?

When all that info is completed, I would click the "Submit" button ?  I have no idea if another screen will come up or what will happen.  Any info in this respect would be helpful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Felix

Let me try to answer...
0. Don't worry - if you don't know what to put, leave it blank :)
A2. Leave it blank

B1. yes, you can change it. But leaving as Google Voice™ Account may be the best choice
B4. As long as you are planning to dial 11 digits (1-212-555-1212) it doesn't matter. If you want to be able to call most common area code via 7 digits, put that area code here. That way, if you put 310 and dial 555-1212, OBi will dial 1-310-555-1212

C. Yes, it does. Remember, when you log in to Google Voice you don't specify the number, either. It's you Gmail name and password that matter.

After Submit, you should get back to Device configuration screen. You should see Google Voice™ Account Connected.