News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Please help. DigitMap

Started by Avatar, January 17, 2013, 06:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calling for the expert. Just got my OBi202 to replace my SPA122. Got it to work with no problem for a while. Then tried to tweak the digitmap and couldn't dial out after that. Reset unit and restored settings to no avail. Even clicking the default won't load default value. odd..Please help me to setup the digitmap.

Line1 : voip.ms
Line2 : Freephoneline.ca

Each line is connected to one set of cordless phone A(Line1) and B(Line2).
Try to use phone A for all calls but mainly international calls (011xxxxxxxxxx). Will also support local calling (911,1905*,416*,647*) when Line2 is busy.
Line 2 is for local (911,1905*,416*,647*) and North America (1xxxxxxxxxx) calls only. International calls will be transferred to Line1 (011xxxxxxxxxx)

Thanks in advance.

Felix

if you click on "OBiTalk settings" checkbox, it will reset to defaults. I understand that it used to work with default ObiHai settings, right?

And when you say "couldn't dial out after that" - what happens? What kind of recording do you get?

You also need to specify here the values in PhoneX - OutboundCallRoute, and   ITSP Profile X General - DigitMap. It's hard to guess!

Finally, can you confirm that your providers are actually registered.

Ya. I did check the default setting and reboot but seem like it won't take the default setting as I thought. I tried to dial out and only thing I heard was a beep and a message saying number is not valid or something like that. Anyway I managed to get it to work now. But I'm wondering if somebody can show me the proper digitmap for what I'm trying to use for the lines here.
Line1 : voip.ms
Line2 : Freephoneline.ca

Each line is connected to one set of cordless phone A(Line1) and B(Line2).
Try to use phone A for all calls but mainly international calls (011xxxxxxxxxx). Will also support local calling (911,1905*,416*,647*) when Line2 is busy.
Line 2 is for local (911,1905*,416*,647*) and North America (1xxxxxxxxxx) calls only. International calls will be transferred to Line1 (011xxxxxxxxxx)
Thanks.

Felix

QuoteEach line is connected to one set of cordless phone A(Line1) and B(Line2)
You use the word "Line" ambiguously. Let me use SP and Phone instead. It's important to understand that each phone can be set up to make and get calls over each provider.

You can't control what happens "when SP2 is busy" via DigitMap. But why would you want it? Do you get only one channel per provider?

If Phone 2 is busy, you pick up Phone 1, right? You can set up different rules for Phone 1 and Phone 2. Maybe, it will help if you describe rules separately for each phone. For example, "from phone 1 international calls (011xxxxxxxxxx) will go to SP1, and local calling (911,1905*,416*,647*) will go to SP2". "From phone 2 (911,1xxxxxxxxxx) go to SP2, and international calls (011xxxxxxxxxx) will go to SP1"

Then you will see that the rules are exactly the same for Phone 1 and Phone 2 ;)

Last, these rules assume that you will dial all digits. Alternatively, you can make OBi add or remove digits. For example, if you dial 819876543210, Obi will know that you call Japan and add 011.

Ya. Thanks Felix. I have read a few posts here and there and finally figured out some basics. Changed the digitmap and seem to work accordingly but I still have to test it for sure. So far so good. Thanks for your help.