News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Please Help

Started by ethersurfer, January 22, 2013, 07:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethersurfer

I just bought an Obi 110.
I understand it's a bridge - like the SPA3102 - where you can call inbound on VoIP (let's say...GVoice...) and then bridge to a landline PSTN.
I've set up everything and I get the Attendant.
But how do I get the "Line" dial tone.
I have the Obi110 set up in Ireland. The "line" port is connected to Dublin's PSTN.
I'm in the US...I want to call the Obi and then be connected to the Irish PSTN to make a local call there...
Please help me.
Thanks so much

Felix

It's controlled by the digit map in Voice Service - Auto Attendant - DigitMap and Voice Service - Auto Attendant - OutboundCallRoute

By the way,
Quotethe subject header is your golden opportunity to attract qualified experts' attention in around 50 characters or fewer. Don't waste it on babble like "Please help me" (let alone "PLEASE HELP ME!!!!"; messages with subjects like that get discarded by reflex). Don't try to impress us with the depth of your anguish; use the space for a super-concise problem description instead.
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#bespecific

ianobi

The auto attendant does not offer local PSTN dial tone. If you select Option 2 "make a new call", dial an Irish number followed by #, then it should work. By default PSTN is the Primary Line, so you do not need to dial any special codes, simply dial the number as if you were in Ireland.

You may find it slow to connect. This is because the OBi devices are set with default DigitMaps that suit North American dialling formats. The OBi110 default Line Port DigitMap (used for PSTN) is:
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

This matches seven digit number (adds a four second delay) and eleven digit numbers starting with "1". Everything else is dealt with by xx. which means any number of any digits. The problem is when using xx. OBi waits for ten seconds after the last digit to make sure that you have finished inputting digits, hence the delay in connecting.

There are lots of posts here about changing DigitMaps to suit local number formats should you feel like digging deeper!

ethersurfer

Quote from: Felix on January 22, 2013, 07:59:48 AM
It's controlled by the digit map in Voice Service - Auto Attendant - DigitMap and Voice Service - Auto Attendant - OutboundCallRoute

By the way,
Quotethe subject header is your golden opportunity to attract qualified experts' attention in around 50 characters or fewer. Don't waste it on babble like "Please help me" (let alone "PLEASE HELP ME!!!!"; messages with subjects like that get discarded by reflex). Don't try to impress us with the depth of your anguish; use the space for a super-concise problem description instead.
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#bespecific

Sorry for the vague Subject - tried to keep it simple.
I went to the "OutboundCallRoute" and tried to make some sense of it...using some of the posts. I'm a real newbie so most of the posts are really technical. Is there a formal/how-to guide on setting up the DigitMap issue?