News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callback setup

Started by QBZappy, January 21, 2011, 08:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBZappy

Very nice feature if I can get it setup properly.

Setup:
SP1= Google voice (PrimaryLine), SP2=Asterisk server. Both register on the Obi unit.

I dial into the AA option #3 for call back number. Obi calls back giving me options 1,2,3. Option 2 to dial new number results in "no service available".

I think the callback is conferencing SP1 and SP2. Since both Google Voice and Asterisk both provide outbound and inbound routes, there should be a channel available for the Obi callback service (outbound). What am I missing?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

OBi-Guru

Assume you deposit 1-408-888-1212, and the GV will call you back at that number since that is the primary line.
GV can only make one call at a time, so if you want to make a new call on the primary line, it is not available.

However, you can do **2+number, to use your asterisk to call out.

Separately, you can have both SP's configured to the same GV, and set up a Trunk Group -then it will automatically hunt for the available line.   More documentation to come later.

QBZappy

Thanks for clearing that up. I can confirm Callback feature is working.  

Cell phone users will particularly like this feature if they have unlimited incoming air time. Perhaps you should have a blurb on your website about this value added feature.

:D
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

obi-master

How do I make the call back using my non primary SP1 (GV) instead of LINE

QBZappy

obi-master

This is how you might want to set it up:

Example
{(<**1>(514xxxxxxx|514aaaaaaa|514bbbbbbb|x.514ccccccc)):aa($1)},{Other rules}

Explanation:
**1 will force call over SP1
First part:Various CID numbers which will trigger a Call Back.
Second part: Other rules you may wish to add