News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help set up OBi202 with 2 Google voice numbers.

Started by dida3000, January 23, 2013, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dida3000

Hi, i searched the forums, but couldn't find a clear answer.

Here is my setup:

- 1 OBi202
- 2 different cordless phones
- 2 routers: 1 Belkin and 1 Dlink
- 2 Google Voice numbers

Can Obi202 be used with 2 GV accounts?
If yes, do i need 2 different routers or just 1 router?

What is the best configuration to set up 2 gv numbers to ring in 2 different phone sets.

Or should i just get 2 sets of Obi100/Obi110 to get the 2 GV numbers account to work properly? I am confused.

Thanks and sorry if these are already ansewered before.

themessiah

I have 4 GV numbers and use one router with 2 different phone sets ...

Felix

Hi dida3000, and welcome to the forum,

Can you elaborate, how do you have two routers... Is it a business with two Internet providers?

In general, OBi202 allows you to have 4 service providers (SP). These providers can be a combination of GV accounts and SIP providers. For each provider you specify whether you want the incoming calls to ring phone 1, phone 2, or both.

Yes, this was already answered before. You might be confused by thinking that router is somehow relevant to this question.

Davoice

Dida3000,

An OBi202 can have 4 different VoIP provider profiles set on it.  It has 2 phone jacks on it and you can mix and match which ports ring from which provider profile.

The box only needs 1 single network connection to register with all 4 profiles.

In your application, you'll set it up like this:

Router <-> OBi202 -> Cordless Phone 1 in port Phone 1
                          -> Cordless Phone 2 in port Phone 2

Then in the OBiTalk Dashboard, configure 2 profiles for your device.  Bind profile 1 to Phone 1 and bind profile 2 to Phone 2.

Felix

Quote from: Davoice on January 23, 2013, 11:11:51 PM
Then in the OBiTalk Dashboard, configure 2 profiles for your device.  Bind profile 1 to Phone 1 and bind profile 2 to Phone 2.
You probably meant port or phone port rather than profile...