December 17, 2017, 01:35:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anveo 911 promotion  (Read 72190 times)
LAZARUS

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 08:54:11 pm »

My post described how it works for Callcentric's E911 service provider.  I'm a little surprised that Anveo didn't work the same way, as there aren't many E911 SPs and you'd think they would follow the same standard.

You'll need to work with Anveo to understand what's going on.  It's not something specific to the OBi.

I created an account and opened a ticket with Anveo and they corrected it. I now have confirmation that 911 can call me back if my call is dropped (albeit they do it from a different number that is mapped to my SIP registration for 911 service, when I say different number I mean one different from my OBiTalk/Google Voice setup). Just to point out when calling 933 with Anveo they don't confirm the call back information if a 911 call is dropped, they only confirm address information and that the audio is going through to the 911 dispatcher. It would be nice if they would add in the call back information like Callcentric does per your direction.

Thank you for the replies, hopefully this discussion will help others.
LAZARUS

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 10:57:19 pm »

My post described how it works for Callcentric's E911 service provider.  I'm a little surprised that Anveo didn't work the same way, as there aren't many E911 SPs and you'd think they would follow the same standard.

You'll need to work with Anveo to understand what's going on.  It's not something specific to the OBi.

I created an account and opened a ticket with Anveo and they corrected it. I now have confirmation that 911 can call me back if my call is dropped (albeit they do it from a different number that is mapped to my SIP registration for 911 service, when I say different number I mean one different from my OBiTalk/Google Voice setup). Just to point out when calling 933 with Anveo they don't confirm the call back information if a 911 call is dropped, they only confirm address information and that the audio is going through to the 911 dispatcher. It would be nice if they would add in the call back information like Callcentric does per your direction.

Thank you for the replies, hopefully this discussion will help others.

Just and update for anyone reading, disappointing. Shortly after I closed the ticket with Anveo the number that was working for 911 call back stopped functioning. I am not confident if there was a real emergency, I called 911 and for some reason we got disconnected, that the operator would be able to call me back. This is due to Anveo and has nothing to do with OBiTalk, BUYER BEWARE. If anything changes I will report back.
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2017, 11:53:59 am »

Well, given this situation, I'd suggest giving up on Anveo and using Callcentric's E911 service instead.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: