News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PSTN forwarding using Obi110

Started by Letzmailpatel, November 05, 2012, 06:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Letzmailpatel

Hi

I have Obi110 and would like to do the below configuration and need help.

SP1 - setup GV
PSTN  - verizon landline or any other analog line

I would like to people to call my landline and have that connected to Obi110 and ring through SP1 or its forwarding number. 

example
landline = 9999999999
GV on SP1 = 111111111

if Tom calls 99999999999  it should ring on 11111111111

Is this something pratical or i'm in a lala land.  Any feeback would be appericated

jimates

You will need a second service on sp2 that you will use to forward the call to GV. You can use the GV service to forward the call but when GV gets a call from itself it goes to your voicemail IVR instead of being processed like other calls.
You can get a free GV number for the second service, unless you were going to use that trunk for another service.

Physical Interfaces -> LINE -> InboundCallRoute =    sp2(11111111111)

Frankfone

Thank you. Your solution worked perfect for me also.

Gradius

Hi,

I did this and works, however I can't see who is calling (Call ID), the call id is working fine as I can see that from Web GUI, but not on forwarded phone.

I'm forwarding my Line (PSTN) calls to VoIP (my mobile phone).

Gradius

Forgot to mention, is taking 15~16 seconds to ring my mobile (after 1st tone call from other phone to line).

Is that normal?  Is possible to speed up this thing?

hwittenb

Gradius,

By default there is a 4-second delay in answering the incoming analog PSTN Line call to capture the incoming caller id.  If you don't wish the incoming caller id you can remove the delay by changing the Line Port-->RingDelay setting to 0.  If you are doing selective forwarding based on the caller id then, of course, you need the incoming caller id and the setting should not be changed.  This change would allow a small reduction in the voip call setup time.  The time to setup the outgoing call can also vary depending on the voip provider you are using.

If you are forwarding the call using GoogleVoice, GoogleVoice as a matter of policy does not show any caller id other than your GoogleVoice Number.  If caller id is important to you, you need to do the forwarding with a sip account but even when using a sip account for the forwarding it is usually complicated to pass the incoming caller id.