News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 stopped connecting to Google Voice

Started by CheapPhone, January 25, 2013, 08:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheapPhone

My Obi202 stopped connecting to Google Voice accounts. I have tried reboot, check the config, nothing helped. On both of my google voice phone numbers it is stuck at "Connecting to -83.-62.73.125". I can make phone calls using Gmail and google talk on other platforms (e.g. Groove IP , no I do not use it at the same time as Obi202). Is that a problem from Obihai's side or google or my device got broken somehow? It has latest update of firmware (3.0.1) as per the orange triangle and your web instructions. It did not work even before the firmware update, found it like that in the morning and was not able to make calls. I thought its the firmware but updating it did not help. Can you please help?

Thanks

MikeHObi

Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

CheapPhone

Quote from: MikeHObi on January 25, 2013, 08:51:12 AM
did you change your google password?

No no change, all same. This happened overnight. Woke up in the morning, obi202 was not connected. I left it last night all fine and working.

This morning the phone lines came up for a brief time. Was able to make a call to check voicemail... (needs now to dial the password even though on Google Voice its supposed to allow direct no password when dialing from the same number/identifications as the phone/gmail account - that was covered in another thread but its not what I am complaining about). Other devices I have are connected to same network. rebooted everything few times, including the network etc.

Looks like google is trying to prevent connections from Obi202 - somehow they block it maybe if they can identify the emulation is not perfect, I know there were some security issues with the Sprint integration of google voice which may have started all the "security" issue and now they wont allow Obi202 box to connect?

Anyone else has seen this or is it just me/based on area/IP address or... ?

Thanks....!

giqcass

My 202 is connected and working for 2 Google Voice accounts.
Long live our new ObiLords!

CheapPhone

I did factory reset for the Obi202 (bottom round button looking raised circle, with small hole in the middle, use paperclip and push for 15 seconds till the red light blinks ). Also, have deleted the obi202 device from the Obitalk web.

Then reconfigure everything....

and it works now.

No voicemail notification though but that is an issue from google voice as described in other threads.

Thanks all!

giqcass

I think there was some kind of Voice mail fix for Google Voice in the new firmware released yesterday.
Long live our new ObiLords!

CheapPhone

Quote from: giqcass on January 25, 2013, 06:33:14 PM
I think there was some kind of Voice mail fix for Google Voice in the new firmware released yesterday.

Well that was not my issue. I could not connect at all until I did factory reset, and deleted my device from the ObiTalk web, and added it back again from scratch.

But, still some problem. I can call now, after it connects to the WiFi network (using ObiWiFi USB adapter, WiFi provided by my Smartphone 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot). Then after sometime, the phone line wont work. The Obi202 shows solid green light as if the network is connected. I do not know if its from my specific Obi202 device, the emergency changes Google Voice team did for the security issue (read the forum there on Google Voice Mattman is the Google Voice moderator talking about it there), or its something else.

I also do not know what is this "fix" that was done for the Obi202 firmware 3.0.1 and how this helps with the Google Voice notices on new Voicemail - I could not see it can work as it needs a pin now to check for voicemail. How will Obi202 know there is voicemail pending without this pin?

Thanks!

Cheap

CheapPhone

Oh no... dear forum readers.

The fault is back! I thought by doing factory reset it got fixed but... no. Now again both SP1 and SP2 of my obi202 are not working. Reboot does not help (even hard reboot).

Something very bad is going on or my device is broken?

Any help?

Thanks!

Cheap

Bogi

I just bought a 202 and a 110.  I could not get the Obi 202 connected to google voice at all. Tried all the steps mentioned in this post and others (i.e. defaulting obi, placing call from google chat, changing google password, etc.)  The obi 202 kept on showing "Backing Off" even though I know I typed in the the correct credentials.

I swapped in the Obi 110 I also bought and that worked immediately. 

Bogi