News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Does the OBI202 provide better voice quality than the OBI110?

Started by Robert.Thompson, May 21, 2012, 08:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert.Thompson

"The OBi202 is a dedicated device, built with a high-performance system-on-a-chip platform to ensure high quality voice conversations."

The Obi110 did not have this?

Does it make a big difference?

Thanks,

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

carl

I have used Obi 100 and Obi 202 parallel for a few weeks and IMO the voice quality was the same.
The major advantage of Obi 202 is the 4 provider/ 2 line capacity.

VulcanTourist

The customized QoS arguably counts for something, too, assuming this device can be placed behind a broadband modem and in from of a router and the rest of a LAN.  Now that I've become aware of this new device, I may wind up buying one specifically to solve this problem if it can be used in this fashion.  I've tried without success to configure QoS to truly prioritize the Obi110 traffic at my router (Netgear/SamKnows WNR3500L), but calls routinely suffer hiccups whenever other substantial GAN activity is taking place, especially if it's outbound because of the severe limit to DSL uplink bandwidth.

shap

I also have WNR3500L - just install TomatoUSB and configure the QoS based on MAC address of OBI - working perfectly.

Davoice

Depends on how fast your connection is as to whether the OBi202 can keep up. I have a 50x15 fiber to the home connection.  When I speed test without the OBi, I get on average 49.8x18.8.  With the OBi, I get on average 38.2x18.5.  So it does not appear the OBi is fully up to the task of routing high bandwidth connections.