News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Modifying the Obi100 Config for Google Voice to accept a 2nd SIP with 911

Started by Bob123456789, January 27, 2013, 02:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob123456789

I have an Obi100 configured with Google Voice.  I have been testing it to see if I wanted to drop my landline.  I am close to that point.  Initially I didn't add a second provider (e.g. Callcentric) with 911 to Google Voice.  I want to add that now.  How do I do this? Thanks for  your help.

Rick

Log into Obitalk and use the wizard for SIP provider AFTER opening your Callcentric account.

lhm.

Alternatively, you can use GV911.com for $12 per year and not have to subscribe to another ITSP.

billdz

Go to http://www.obitalk.com/obinet and log in.
From My OBi Endpoints, click on the device on which you want to add the Callcentric line.
Assuming you have GV on SP1 and want to put Callcentric on SP2, click on Edit SP2 and enter your Callcentric account info.  Use the 1777 number (not the New York number) as your Callcentric Number.
Click Submit.

Bob123456789

Thanks everyone.  I worked with ObiHai technical support.  It turns out that even though the obi100 was working, it wasn't configured properly.  After they deleted and reinstalled the device, I was able to configure a second service provider.

tomkruse

I"m trying to set up 911 using an anveo account.  I set up the anveo account and put $10 in it.  When I go to the Obi wizard to set up 911 calling it won't accept my anveo SIP configuration.  I enter the 10 digit username  (which is a 10 digit number).  then I enter SIP password which is 10 characters long - it uses a couple of !,numbers and characters.  The OBI set up won't take 10 characters.  It truncates my pw to 6 characters (they're only dots so I can't see what it's doing).  Then when I go to sp2 it says "register failed - no response from server".  Can't figure out anything else to do.  It seems problem is with OBI.  My phone service is working fine with gv.  Any ideas?  How do you reach OBI tech support?