News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 message indicator settings

Started by AceE3, January 28, 2013, 09:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AceE3

I'm having difficulty getting my visual msg waiting indicator and stutter tone to work. I'm with voip.ms on SP1, SP2 is unused.

via my web gui, voice settings SP1, I've tried enabling MWIEnable & X_VMWIEnable, reboot, made a test call/message and it worked, my analog phone's LED MWI lit up, and I had a stutter tone. I hung up, and without accesing VM or the message, the LED and stutter disappeared. So basically the MWI only persisted till a phone went off hook, then cleared itself.

I then noticed that the Obi rebooted itself after I hung up. It did this a few times as I was trying the MWI settings.

ITSP SIP for my provider is already showing that the MWISubscribe is enabled by default

Each time I enable those MWI settings and reboot, the changes don't stick - they are not checked when I go back after reboot. I'm not sure why these settings are not sticking.

Any ideas? Via the ObiTalk portal, I also see that there are 2 columns (vs the 1 column I see in the web gui) for these same settings...they are ticked by default under ObiTalk, but not for device default?

ianobi

To make the changes via the Obi Expert Configuration pages:
From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

AceE3

I know how to make changes, my issue is why aren't they sticking?

I have been using my web gui (not the ObiTalk Dashboard) for all settings.

I enable MWIEnable & X_VMWIEnable, press submit, reboot when prompted, after it reboots I place a call and leave a voice mesage in my voip.ms mailbox. I also receive an email with the message.

A few seconds later, I get a MWI on all my phones, and stutter tone. But as soon as I place a phone off/on hook, the stutter and MWI disappear. I go back to the web gui, and those MWIEnable & X_VMWIEnable turned themselves off.

So basically MWI and stutter settings won't persist past the 1st incoming call after Obi reboot.

ianobi

If you're configuring the OBi directly, make sure you have set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

AceE3

Quote from: ianobi on January 28, 2013, 01:37:16 PM
If you're configuring the OBi directly, make sure you have set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Thanks!  ::)

That was the problem, voip.ms just gave me the same info. Disabled it and the MWI is working (and not disappearing after reboot).

As for the stutter tone....with voip, is it normal that it disappears after a few seconds, regardless of retriving the VM or not? The visual MWI remains lit till I get the VM, but the stutter disappears as soon as the line is picked up.

With Bell ptsn VM, the stutter would remain (between calls) until I accessed the mailbox. So not sure if this is normal bevahior for voip, or maybe I have more settings to change?

TIA