News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 Trusted Callers for Phone and not Line?

Started by doctorjb, January 27, 2013, 02:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorjb

Hi,

I've run into the following issue. I have an Obi110 configured for GV on SP1 and attached to my landline via the Line port. I have configured my cell phone number as a trusted caller so that I can dial into my Obi using the GV number and reach the Auto Attendant. However, if I dial my landline number from my cell and the landline is not answered on the first ring, the Auto Attendant on the Obi picks up which is annoying my wife no end! Is there a configuration that will allow AA to answer only if the Obi is dialled directly and not when calling the landline?

Thanks in advance,

djb

ianobi

doctorjb,

To stop aa answering the Line Port you will need to take charge of the Line Port InboundCallRoute.

You need to make the change via the Obi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

Go to Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute

At the moment it probably looks something like this:
{(12345678912):aa},{ph}
Where 12345678912 is your cell phone number.

Remove the aa rule leaving this:
Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute: ph

As there is only one rule the {} is not required.

I trust this will restore your wife's happiness  :)

doctorjb

Many thanks ianobi - that worked at treat! I won't comment on my wife's enduring happiness but at least this should stop her complaining about the AA  ;)

djb