News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Digitmap for New Zealand - 7 digit dialing

Started by SteveRoy, January 28, 2013, 01:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveRoy

Hi,

I have 2 Obi110 devices, one here in Canada the other in New Zealand.
The purpose is obviously for me to be able to call family there and vice-versa.

The NZ device is connected to a POTS line and it is the default line.  What happens when someone in NZ tries to make a regular local call or if I auto-attendant onto the device to call a local NZ number - is that the call won't complete.  We have to prefix with **8
I am sure this is because the Obi is waiting for 10 digits for the call.

What I would like the device in NZ to do is:
- someone picks up the phone to make a local call, they dial as normal it goes through the POTS line
- someone wants to call me in Canada, they pickup the phone dial **1 604.xxx.xxxx and the call goes via SP1 which is freephoneline.ca - this works OK right now.

Can I get help with a DigitMap for this please?

In NZ dialing is as follows (via POTS):

- local call is 7 digits
- toll call is 0 then 8 digits (0 then 1 digit area code and 7 digit number for regular numbers or 0 then 2 digit area code and 6 digit number for cell phones)
- international calls are 00 then country code, then number
- emergency call is 111

Thanks
Steve

SteveRoy

Or do I need to tweak my "Phone Port" -> "OutboundCallRoute"?

Steve

ianobi

Steve - welcome to the forum.

QuoteThe NZ device is connected to a POTS line and it is the default line.  What happens when someone in NZ tries to make a regular local call or if I auto-attendant onto the device to call a local NZ number - is that the call won't complete.  We have to prefix with **8
I am sure this is because the Obi is waiting for 10 digits for the call.

The default Line Port DigitMap is:
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)
This is not great for what you want, but the the xx. rule matches anything, although it does add 10 seconds delay waiting to see if you have finished dialling, then there is a few seconds of normal delay. Is the person hanging up before say 15 seconds delay? Check here to make sure what the PrimaryLines are set to:
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine:
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine:
Both should say PSTN Line.
I suspect that you may have checked the "PrimaryLine" box when you set up FreePhoneLine on sp1.

QuoteWhat I would like the device in NZ to do is:
- someone picks up the phone to make a local call, they dial as normal it goes through the POTS line

This should happen automatically if PrimaryLine is set to PSTN.

Quote- someone wants to call me in Canada, they pickup the phone dial **1 604.xxx.xxxx and the call goes via SP1 which is freephoneline.ca - this works OK right now.

Good    :)

Here's what I suggest:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine: PSTN Line
Voice Service -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > DigitMap
Replace "911" with "111"

Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > OutboundCallRoute
Replace "911" with "111"

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap :
([1-9]xxxxxxS0|0[1-9]xxxxxxxS0|00xx.|xx.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

I suspect that some numbers formats in New Zealand may be three digits and some may be other odd lengths. For these the xx. rule will pick them up. The DigitMaps can be fine tuned to suit if you wish. 111 is a special case and with this setup will be sent direct to POTS without processing through any digit maps.

To make the changes using the Obihai preferred way, use the Obi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

This may be a "slow response" thread as I suspect our time zones are 12 hours apart  ;)

SteveRoy

Quote from: ianobi on January 29, 2013, 07:36:56 AM
Steve - welcome to the forum.

The default Line Port DigitMap is:
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)
This is not great for what you want, but the the xx. rule matches anything, although it does add 10 seconds delay waiting to see if you have finished dialling, then there is a few seconds of normal delay. Is the person hanging up before say 15 seconds delay? Check here to make sure what the PrimaryLines are set to:
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine:
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine:
Both should say PSTN Line.
I suspect that you may have checked the "PrimaryLine" box when you set up FreePhoneLine on sp1.

The Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine: was set to PSTN, but the
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine: was set to SP1, so I have changed it.

Here's what I suggest:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine: PSTN Line
Voice Service -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > DigitMap
Replace "911" with "111"

Physical Interfaces > Phone Port > OutboundCallRoute
Replace "911" with "111"

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap :
([1-9]xxxxxxS0|0[1-9]xxxxxxxS0|00xx.|xx.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

OK, I've made the changes and will call my brother in NZ to see if it works with the changes.

To make the changes using the Obihai preferred way, use the Obi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

Thanks, I have decided the best way for me to manage both devices is via the dashboard/portal as I cannot use the web interface for the NZ one and I want to keep things consistant.
Thanks for the reply and I will follow up.

Cheers
Steve

SteveRoy

The changes worked and they now have 7 digit dialing back.  I can also AA the device and call out on the POTS line without having to do a **8 first.  Thanks ianobi appreciate it.

Cheers
Steve