News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

vonage extension + gv + Obi

Started by ketan, January 30, 2013, 10:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ketan

Hi all,

Im pretty new to this. I looked through different forums to see if this was answered or not and was not able to find anything.

Here is what i am trying to do. I want to be able to assign a hot key on my obi phone so it dials vonage extension + pin. currently, i dial 1(643)xxx-xxx (vonage ext), then XXXX (4 digit pin), then number to call 011 + country code + phone number.

I want to be able to automate dialing 1(643)xxx-xxx (vonage ext), then XXXX (4 digit pin) with one key. maybe even speed dial would do. Is this possible?

Thank you very much for your help in advanced.

Felix

you can set it up on your phone. You can't set it up on OBI (or on any other adapter)

QBZappy

ketan,

Welcome,

digit map:

<:1234> – Matches an empty phone number and replaces with 1234. This is the syntax for a hotline to 1234

<S4:1234> – Call 1234 if no digits entered for 4s. This is the syntax of a warm line.

Speed dials are in the web pages of the portal or unit. You can not use both speed dial lists.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Felix

QBZappy,
does it answer OP's question? If I understand correctly, she wants to insert pause between phone number and pin... What you are showing is how to call specific number. but it doesn't help with extension.

Or I misunderstood something (wouldn't be the first time :) )?

QBZappy

Felix,

Maybe I missunderstood. We'll find out soon enough.  :D
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

giqcass

I had a little device years ago that plugged in between the phone and the wall connection.  It would dial a phone number then enter a pin number automatically. It was similar to this device.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Home-Telephones-/3286/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=auto+dialer

I'm not sure why OBi doesn't add this kind of feature.  It is widely requested.
Long live our new ObiLords!

zapattack

Obi does have this feature: for incoming calls. Its called a Circle of Trust and operates on caller ID.
The problem is the other end isn't equipped with this feature (unless it is an Obi).

gtalk

i have kind of an idea you can do one thing on speed dial option enter your vonage ext.# eg. you set vonage ext. no on no 4 so when you just dial no 4 and wait it will auto dial vonage ext no and then you just have to eneter pin and no for india
or second option like when you want to save international no. on speed dial i have raza.com account so i save on my phone book like this eg. my raza.com local accessno is 817-123-4567 and then i have to dial my india cell phone no. so on my phone book i save like this 817-123-4567ppp011911234567890 so when i dial from my phone book it will dial first my local access no and then paus for a 5-10 second and then dial my india no. i am done i dont have to remember all those no. and it dial auto.
i hope this explanation help you.