News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 and MyNetFone Australia problems

Started by JohnGee, January 31, 2013, 08:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnGee

UPDATE a week later = Working. It was the restrictive ADSL Modem.
--------------------------------------------------------

I cannot get my Obi110 to work fully with a VoIP provider.

The Voip is  mynetfone.com.au  (MNF)
The sip domain is:     sip00.mynetfone.com.au

I have worked extensively with the config settings both through Obitalk  and through the device's local IP using my browser.

I have a DID with MNF and it works fine on the Obi110 for incoming calls.

However, I cannot get any outward calls to work.

The device shows it is registered when using the Obitalk interface.
I have tried many Dial Plans that should work OK. from (x.)  to
(*xx.|000S0|121S0|151S0|181S0|[2-9]xxxxxxxS0|0[23478]xxxxxxxxS0|0011xxx.|1800xxxxxxS0|1300xxxxxxS0|13[1-9]xxxS0|xxx.)

The calls are simply not getting to MNF.

I am not using the Obi110 phone line, just the sp1 line.

I am able to make outward calls with my MNF configured in my PC's softphone. That al works great, so I must have something wrong at the OBI end.

Any clues?

Thanks

carl

I hope that someone here picks up here who can provide you a real help but what I can see is not a proper digitmap for Obi.

QBZappy

Quote from: JohnGee on January 31, 2013, 08:31:09 PM
I cannot get my Obi110 to work fully with a VoIP provider.

The Voip is  mynetfone.com.au  (MNF)
The sip domain is:     sip00.mynetfone.com.au

I have worked extensively with the config settings both through Obitalk  and through the device's local IP using my browser.

I have a DID with MNF and it works fine on the Obi110 for incoming calls.

However, I cannot get any outward calls to work.

The device shows it is registered when using the Obitalk interface.
I have tried many Dial Plans that should work OK. from (x.)  to
(*xx.|000S0|121S0|151S0|181S0|[2-9]xxxxxxxS0|0[23478]xxxxxxxxS0|0011xxx.|1800xxxxxxS0|1300xxxxxxS0|13[1-9]xxxS0|xxx.)

I am not using the Obi110 phone line, just the sp1 line.

*xx. = not proper syntax I think. 'xx.' is the default that will dial anything after a pause of a few seconds.

Since you use SP1 for calling, you should setup SP1 as the primary line.
EX: Phone PrimaryLine = SP1 Service

This should do the trick. You may need to work on the digit map to fine tune it to your location. I believe that this has been setup by previous forum participants. You may want to do a search on the topic.

This site might interest you. You will find people from your neck of the woods:
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

QBZappy

JohnGee,

Here you go. This may save you some time.

OBi Down Under: Australia OBi100 and OBi110 Config / Set-up
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=616.0   

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

JohnGee

@QBZappy

Thanks a bunch. I'll use that info and see how I go.

I have 3 Obis, and they all work well apart from this one with MNF. Hopefully yuor tips will help. :-)

Thanks again

JohnGee

JohnGee

Quote from: QBZappy on January 31, 2013, 09:13:51 PM
JohnGee,

Here you go. This may save you some time.

OBi Down Under: Australia OBi100 and OBi110 Config / Set-up
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=616.0   

QBZappy..  I have applied all the settings as described in the link you sent but still no success with calling out via MyNetFone on SP1

I have SP2 set to use Anveo.com (with an Aussie DID) and that works fine in and out.
But MyNetFone still only works for incomming calls.

Looks like I need to try MNF support next week.

I will work on the Digimap next as that may be the problem now.

Thanks

JohnGee

QBZappy

If you can call out using SP2, you may have set up the OBi to use SP2 as the primary line.

You might want to change this setting to force the call out MNF on SP1:
Physical Interfaces->PHONE Port-> PrimaryLine = SP1 service

I found this info in their support site. Since you can receive calls, it seems that the OBi is registered.
General (various setups)
https://www.mynetfone.com.au/support/Setup-Guides/Downloads

Eyebeam configuration (Similar settings to the OBi)
https://www.mynetfone.com.au/media/support/downloads/xten-eyebeam/config/eyeBeam.pdf

You can also force calls to use SP1 or SP2 by prefixing the number with **1 or  **2.

JohnGee

I have looked at the PDF for eyeBeam and cannot see any problems with the settings I have in the OBI.

I initially had MynetFone set in SP2 and Anveo in SP1.

Just in case MNF had problems with SP2, deleted both setups, and reloaded MNF as SP1 and Anveo as SP2.
That made no difference. MNF still only gets inward calls (SP1), and Anveo works both ways.  >:(

I have tried with default as SP1 and as SP2 and used **1 and **2 to force use of relevant setups.
I am beginning to think that MNF have something not setup. I will try working with them next week

JohnGee 

JohnGee

Still trying Grrrrrr!

I poset a msg in the Australian section

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5192.0

Just in case someone can see where I am going wrong.

I am starting to suspect the "OutboundCallRoute" setting.
Reading the admin PDF from ObiTalk has me slightly confused.
I can work the DialPlan so that it functions OK and gives me an engaged signal if I break the dialing rules.
But seems the DTMF number pulses never get to MyNetFone.

JohnGee

ianobi

Please post what is shown in Status > Call History after a failed call.

Status > Call History is only available from your OBi web page. Dial ***1 to get the ip address and put that in your browser. User Name amd password should both be "admin".

JohnGee

@ ianobi

OK, I have posted the status results on the web page for calling in three modes..
1: forcing SP1  by prepending **1
2: prepending just the area code 07   (should not be needed)
3: Just dialing the phone number.

Each time, after about 35 seconds I get an OBI (I think) voice message that says something like "The number you dialed has not received a response from the service provider".

Either mode 2 or 3 as above work when using a softphone on my PC.

Thanks

JohnGee

ianobi

I cannot see any posts.

Under Phone 1 it should show what has been dialled after processing through the Phone Port DigitMap.

Under SP1 it should show what has been sent to MyNetPhone.

JohnGee

You may need to force your browser to refresh [F5] key

scroll down to see the screenshot of the status. Or can I insert here perhaps...

ianobi

Looks like the OBi110 is sending out exactly the digits that it should send. For some reason MyNetFone does not like what it receives. You get the "no response" message from the OBi as MyNetFone has not sent an "OK" message back to connect the call.

Is it possible to log into your MyNetPhone account and see what calls it has received?

By the way, don't worry about dtmf signalling. That's only an issue after the call has been established using SIP protocol.

JohnGee

I logged into MNF and looked at the call history. It only shows two calls that I made by testing with my softphone.

I would expect to see about 50+ calls that I have tried today from the Obi110.

From the Status, I see that the Obi is sending the correct dialed digits, but as you say, is not getting an OK back from MNF. Looks like an issue at the MNF end.
I'll contact them during office hours this week and see what gives.

Thanks for your help and insight

JohnGee

ianobi

Good luck!

Please post the solution. It may well help others.

JohnGee

Today I worked with MyNetFone.com.au tech support and after an hour of them controlling my PC with TeamViewer looking and configuring and I don't know what-all, THEY gave up and declared the OBi110 too technically advanced for use with MNF. They will not support it.

• They could not get or detect any connection signals at their end.
  • They did not seem to fully understand DialPlans.
  • They acknowledged that the OBi did in fact register with their sip registration server (but hell, I knew that)
  • They cannot help me further   :(

So now I need to buy another ATA adapter with two sip lines.  :'( :'( :'(

One more detail. The MNF sip account works perfectly with the softphone from 3CX. Looks like the problem is with OBi and I have lodged a support request there.

JohnGee

ianobi

QuoteTHEY gave up and declared the OBi110 too technically advanced for use with MNF.

I would be amazed if this is true. The OBi is so configurable that almost every feature can be disabled, so dumbing it down if required. It will be interesting to see what OBi Support come up with. MyNetPhone could be big potential market for them.

Please keep us informed. I would not rush out and buy another ATA!

Ostracus

Quote from: JohnGee on February 04, 2013, 12:40:18 AM
Today I worked with MyNetFone.com.au tech support and after an hour of them controlling my PC with TeamViewer looking and configuring and I don't know what-all, THEY gave up and declared the OBi110 too technically advanced for use with MNF. They will not support it.

The Obi110 speaks SIP and a variant of XMPP (GoogleTalk). SIP is like a chain and they need to verify at what point in the steps (setup most likely) something isn't following the standard.

Tools like Syslog, Wireshark, and call logs (both ends) are used to diagnose the issue.

JohnGee

Thanks to all for your suggestions...

Problem solved.

Reading how others did have MNF and OBi110 working I began to look at the Telstra supplied ADSL modem. A Technicolor TG587n V3. Looking around the Aussie whirlpool forum, users suggested it was a piece of kr@p and had some 'locked-by' Telstra features.
I tried the various tips using telnet to get to those features but to no avail. Could not find a setting to disable ALG.

I bit the bullet and went and bought a Billion 7800n and once I connected to the Bigpond ADSL2 and rebooted the OBi110, everything began to work as expected.

JohnGee