News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to set up Music on hold (MOH) (the easy way)

Started by QBZappy, February 01, 2013, 09:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBZappy

1) We need to modify default digimap for this this work. Modify the default to the following. See link for explanation.
([^*+]@@[^+].<+:@>@@.|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

SIP URI Dialling From OBion/OBiapp via OBiTALK (as per ianobi)
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3662.0

2) Set speed dials with **x format for the ditmap rules to apply:
**1music@iptel.org
**19999@qxip.net

3) Conference in the speed dial to the calling party. They will get the MOH.

If you prefer your own music or want to deliver in house advertising messages, an in house streaming server is the solution. One interesting product which can be used in sip uri fashion is available in the link below. The unique feature of this app is that is has conferencing abilities built in. It can become your audio streamer for MOH since it can be called using a sip uri and automatically connect you to an audio source. It can also be used as a video streamer if you have an ip phone/softphone with video capabilities.

Homer Conferencing
http://www.homer-conferencing.com/en/index.html

Homer Conferencing (short: Homer) is a free SIP softphone with advanced audio and video support. The software is available for Windows, Linux and OS X. Homer was originally developed as tool for video conferences. Over the years the functions were extended for additional application areas. Therefore, the basic functions can be separated into the following 4 areas: video conferencing, streaming, recording, screencasting.

This could be an add on to the following project (ianobi):    
Using Any OBi as a Home PBX
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4944.0
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ianobi

For a free application "Homer" certainly has an impressive web site! It looks like something that could be incorporated into various OBi setups.

azrobert

Easy great idea, but wouldn't it be easier setting the speed dial like:

SPx(music@iptel.org)

This way you won't need any DigitMap changes.

QBZappy

azrobert ,

Quote from: azrobert on February 02, 2013, 11:30:33 AM
Easy great idea, but wouldn't it be easier setting the speed dial like:

SPx(music@iptel.org)

This way you won't need any DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute changes.
When I tried with the default digimap it would not accept the sip uri call. (OBiMAN error 400) I tried ianobi's digimap, and it worked. There are no OutboundCallRoute changes made in this setup. The **1, or **2 in front will route over whatever SP you have a sip account set up on. I didn't test the SPx(music@iptel.org) format, however I think the default digimap may fail. I can not test this at the moment. You could take a second to find out.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

azrobert

I realized there were no OutboundCallRoute changes and modified my reply before your 2nd post.

I already tried the "sp2(music@iptel.org)" speed dial format without DigitMap changes and it worked.

Felix

I am trying to set up MOH on my OBi (in fact, MOH is the main feature that is missing in my non-PBX setup).

First, to clarify the scenario. I have a conversation (inbound or outbound call - shouldn't matter); somebody calls; I put the first call on hold and switch to the second call - the first caller gets music on-hold. This is the scenario that you are solving, right? When you say "Conference in the speed dial to the calling party" - it seems to be more involving than that and won't pass WAF test.

The first call can be over SP1 or SP2. I would much prefer to use internal server. Never heard of Homer before - it looks impressive (although documentation competes with OBi Admin guide in its in-comprehensiveness; clearly translation from German). Frankly, I can't figure out how would I set up OBi to pull music from Homer...

Any additional guidance would be awesome :D

ianobi

@ QBZappy - I'm glad my very bizarre digit map ([^*+]@@[^+].<+:@>@@.|[^*]@@.'@'@@.) works for you. I designed it to get over the problem of sending "@" over the OBiTALK network.

@ azrobert - yes "sp2(music@iptel.org)" will work fine if the calls are being answered or originate from the OBi Phone Port, which is most cases. However, the trunk format in speed dials does not work from OBiAPP/OBiON.

If you are using OBiAPP with softphone and wish to access your music via the OBiTALK network, then ([^*+]@@[^+].<+:@>@@.|[^*]@@.'@'@@.) is useful. See my original post for other uses.

azrobert

Quote from: ianobi on February 03, 2013, 02:55:05 AM

If you are using OBiAPP with softphone and wish to access your music via the OBiTALK network, then ([^*+]@@[^+].<+:@>@@.|[^*]@@.'@'@@.) is useful. See my original post for other uses.

I think you guys intentionally try to make things more difficult than they have to be. LOL

Here is what I tried:

In OBitalk I set Speed Dial#3 to 3

In Obitalk Inbound call route I added:
{(290xxxxxx)>(<3:music@iptel.org>):sp2}

When I dialed "3" from Obion I was connected to Music.

I don't have any @'s in my DigitMaps.
I have SP2 registered to a provider and not setup as a dummy proxy 127.0.0.1

azrobert

Quote from: Felix on February 02, 2013, 10:22:36 PM
First, to clarify the scenario. I have a conversation (inbound or outbound call - shouldn't matter); somebody calls; I put the first call on hold and switch to the second call - the first caller gets music on-hold.

I think QBZappy's MOH doesn't meet your requirements. This is how I got it to work.

You conference in Music. Both parties hear music. You can walk away while the other person listens to Music. When you return hit Flash to end music.

There is a Phone Port TransferWhenHolding. This doesn't meet your requirements either.
Hit Flash and then hang up. The other person is transfer to Music. Again, this is how I got TWH to work.

It seems to me that Obihai could add MOH. It would be very similar processing to Transfer When Holding. Maybe you should try a feature request, but I believe others have tried. 

QBZappy

OBi202 + Homer Conferencing might be a better fit, as the OBi202 has a native MOH setting.
Physical Interfaces->Calling Features->PHONEX Port->MOHServiceNumber (Could be a tel number or a sip uri). Note that using the Homer App requires a computer running. Using the music@iptel.org uri, no computer is required.

Re: Music On Hold doesn't work (using new MOHServiceNumber feature)
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4111.msg29915#msg29915

Quote from: mrjoe on November 12, 2012, 03:28:48 PM
The following is the reply I received from Obihai to my support enquiry below:

Date: 12 November 2012 08:57:34 PM GMT+02:00
To:
Subject: RE: OBi202 500xxxxxx, MOH

MOH server at the moment is for use with an OBiPLUS system, where the MOH
server is the OBiPLUS Master (an OBi202).

It might work if the MOH server is a standard SIP UA that answers <------ Homer Conferencing App
automatically and streams RTP to caller. If it works on outgoing call, it
should work on incoming call. No bugs in this regard that we know of.

Please check if your MOH server is actually sending out packets and to where
(IP address, port) in both cases. Make sure the audio codec used by your MOH
server is acceptable by your recipient in your case (the problem may be
because your incoming call uses a different codec compares to your outgoing
call).

Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:54 AM
To: support@obihai.com
Subject: OBi202 500xxxxxx, MOH

Felix

I saw that post that says that MOH doesn't work... and I created a feature request for MOH server for the USB-attached device. I think it's a much better use of it than shared drive. There are other good uses - voicemail server, some kind of IVR - all's better than a shared drive, especially with such terrible interface.

Anyway, I saw a post here: http://michigantelephone.wordpress.com/2012/03/22/how-to-divert-incoming-google-voice-calls-from-an-obihai-voip-device-to-an-asterisk-server-for-additional-processing-such-as-caller-id-lookup/ and I made it work. But in this case I am essentially routing all calls from OBi to Asterisk to VSP. Which is obviously an overkill when I don't have a need for PBX.

ianobi

azrobert,

You definitely win the big cigar on this one  :)  Using a "look-up table" is the answer. In this case 3 = music. A good simple solution.

I'll keep my bizarre digitmap for its original purpose - dialling sip uris from OBiApp / OBiON without going through the gateway OBi.

azrobert

Quote from: ianobi on February 04, 2013, 06:30:52 AM

You definitely win the big cigar on this one

Thanks, but I opened my mouth before I knew what I was talking about on MOH.  My comments above are for a OBi110 and NOT an OBi202.

ianobi

QBZappy

I found another sip uri with a music source. When I tried it was playing a nice rendition of the James Bond theme.
http://wiki.sip2sip.info/projects/sip2sip/wiki/SipTesting
3333@sip2sip.info

Has anyone else found other music sources (tel numbers or sip uri)? Please post what you have found.

azrobert

In the past a was able to find music at Podlinez.
I tried a few now and got "Podcast not Ready" or got something that didn't match the directory. I got frustrated and gave up.  Maybe you will have better luck.

Here is their directory:
http://www.podlinez.com/directory

You either call the phone number or sip format "PhoneNumber@podlinez.com".

giqcass

OMG  I had a heck of a time getting podlinez to work on my OBi.  I had it working before at sipsorcery but those settings would not work anymore.  Finally I got it.  I had to force the port and apparently the old podlinez.net address doesn't work. I'm using Callcentric for the gateway.

I used the following.
VG1(4153767253@podlinez.com:5060)

Thanks for the tip QBzappy I had not noticed the MOH field.  I put the string in my "MOHServiceNumber" field and it works pretty well.

I do seem to get the "podcast not ready" message on occasion.

EDIT: podlinez.com seems to be down.  I don't know if it's permanent.  This seems to work.
VG1(music@iptel.org:5060)
Long live our new ObiLords!

QBZappy

Here is another interesting way to setup a MOH source. Audio is setup via a phone call. A caller can be put on hold while in a conference call with an audio source (music/talking).

ZenoRadio – new service provides streaming radio broadcasts via a phone call, no need for expensive smartphones and data
http://www.redferret.net/?p=40520&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+redferret%2FnDEQ+%28The+Red+Ferret+Journal%29

http://zenoradio.com/en/

N7AS

I know this an old thread, but has anyone figured out how to set up Homer Conferencing for MOH and what to use for a SIP URI. I emailed them at least a week ago and never got a reply.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.