News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Where can I find a cheap T-Mobile or GSM phone to port to my GV number?

Started by sofakng, February 04, 2013, 05:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sofakng

Where can I find a cheap T-Mobile or GSM (unlocked) phone that I can use to port my landline to my Google Voice number?

I have an unlocked LG Shine (CU720) but it doesn't work anymore... :(

I also have the prepaid T-Mobile SIM activation kits but I just need a phone...

lhm.

CoalMinerRetired

If you can't do the above, then Rite-Aid or CVS if they are in your area. Look for a Nokia model 1616, should be $19.99.  Walmart also carries this model.

See 4th post here for explanation of T-Mobile monthly phones and pay-as-you-go. In summary, all T-Mob phones sold as monthly are also pay-as-you-go.  That is not clear on the packaging.

This weekend I say the 1616 in a grocery store of all places. With a discount and a shopper club card it was marked down to $6.88 (+/- a few pennies). That' as low as you'll ever see for a T-Mobile phone + charger + SIM with 10 minutes airtime (you only need one minute). Grocery chain was Giant Food, they are in southern PA, Pittsburgh to Harrisburg Phila, Maryland, DC and northern Virginia. 

Let us know what you find.

sofakng

Thanks everybody...

I'm in Northeastern Pennsylvania but my closest Giant is about 45 minutes away...

I do have a question though...

Even though I purchased the T-Mobile SIM Activation Kit, do I also need to purchase a $10 pre-paid minute card?

lhm.

No, as there are 10 minutes are so are already included in with the SIM. That's all that you need.