News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Question about CallWithUs

Started by ProfTech, February 06, 2013, 08:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfTech

Recently I saw in the forum that CallWithUs does not require registration and I was wondering about just that. Their web page says to set it to 120 but I haven't tried making a call without having registration in place. In any case, assuming it is not required, are there any pro's / con's of not using it. I am only using them as a secondary provider currently and do not have them in a trunk group so there is no issue with fail over.

Diana

I have CallWithUs setup on one of my gateways for over 1.5 years and use them exclusively for all my International calls.  This does not require registration.  I'm not sure I understand the "....are there any pro's / con's of not using it" part of your question.

Felix

The pro of not registering is that you can use it on the gateway and don't have to tie one of the SP connections. The benefit of registering is that you can direct DID from CWU or from IPKall to your CWU account. I also like to see that my father's phone is registered; tells me that everything is alright.

Obviously, any of these aspects may or may not apply to you...