News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SIP Bridge

Started by MNaqvi, March 23, 2012, 11:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNaqvi

Hello all,

This my current setup followed by my questions:

SP1-GV, SP-CC, VG3-Localphone (LP). Assume I can't change this setup.

LP doesn't alow call forwarding to another SIP.  I have a UK DiD for LP which I need to ring on my Obi.

Can this be achieved in simple way?

Thanks! :)

RonR

Quote from: MNaqvi on March 23, 2012, 11:50:23 AM
I have a UK DiD for LP which I need to ring on my Obi.

Can this DID be pointed to a SIP URI?  If so, have it send calls to:

OBi@public_IP_address_or_hostname:5061

You will need to forward ports 5060 - 5061 in your router to your OBi's LAN IP address.

If your public IP address is not static and changes, you'll problably need to use a free Dynamic DNS service in order to have a hostname that always points to your current IP address.

MNaqvi

Quote from: RonR on March 23, 2012, 11:57:12 AM
Can this DID be pointed to a SIP URI?  If so, have it send calls to:

OBi@public_IP_address_or_hostname:5061

You will need to forward ports 5060 - 5061 in your router to your OBi's LAN IP address.

If your public IP address is not static and changes, you'll problably need to use a free Dynamic DNS service in order to have a hostname that always points to your current IP address.

Ron you suggested this as a possible solution to me.  I then exchanged some emails with LP and they let me know that they do not support URI.

How do folks forward SIP calls to another SIP in general? Asterisk/Sipsorcery

RonR

It appears Localphone will only send DID callers to your Locaphone account and the only forwarding they allow is to PSTN numbers which incurs a charge.  If that's the case, I don't see any way to route those DID calls to your OBi without paying to have them forwarded to your Google Voice number since you have Localphone on a Voice Gateway and not an SPx.

Stewart

Forward the Localphone DID to a Callcentric iNum.  There will be no charge from either provider.

Or, if you don't care about the number, get a free DID from UKDDI that can forward to a SIP URI.

RonR

While not an advertised feature anywhere I can find on Localphone, posts in other forums indicate you can forward a Localphone DID to an iNum number (8835100xxxxxxxx).

You can get a free iNum number for your Callcentric account here.

This should allow incoming calls from your Localphone DID to arrive on SP2 of your OBi.

MNaqvi

Quote from: Stewart on March 23, 2012, 01:59:42 PM
Forward the Localphone DID to a Callcentric iNum.  There will be no charge from either provider.

Or, if you don't care about the number, get a free DID from UKDDI that can forward to a SIP URI.

Interesting...I will look into both.  I can't believe you can get a free UK DID!

Quote from: RonR on March 23, 2012, 03:32:23 PM
While not an advertised feature anywhere I can find on Localphone, posts in other forums indicate you can forward a Localphone DID to an iNum number (8835100xxxxxxxx).

You can get a free iNum number for your Callcentric account here.

This should allow incoming calls from your Localphone DID to arrive on SP2 of your OBi.

This is what I'll end up doing.

But for the betterment of the group and my learning is there any possible way to do what I was talking about earlier with/without URI via any programs.

Thank You both.

Portporty

I had similar situation like you so I signed up for dynu dynamic DNS service at dynu.com. Free and fast.