News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trying to Configure CallCentric, and actually Learn what All this stuff Means

Started by CallMeAl, February 19, 2013, 06:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallMeAl

So, spent several hours last evening trying to configure my OBi to use CallCentric on SP2. First, I tried the CallCentric wizard in OBiTalk, which by the way proved utterly useless in my case. Does that wizard actually work anymore for anyone? If not, why is it even still there? I'm an IT geek and absolutely don't mind a tech challenge, but I think my biggest frustration with this process has been the false promise  of a quick and easy setup implied by that wizard. Since the wizard was out, I decided to really dig into things and try to understand exactly what was going on. After extensive fiddling, I was able to get the OBi to show as registered with callCentric. Now, I can receive calls  on SP2 just fine, but if I dial **2, I don't get a dial tone. I instead immediately get a CallCentric recording stating that the number I am calling is out of service or invalid. What can cause this? I suspect perhaps my digit map values are incorrect?
Once I do get everything configured correctly, I want to insure that CallCentric on SP2 is configured as the service to use for 911 calls. How do I verify whether this is the case?
Lastly, are there any general FAQs or SIP tutorials I should look at to get a better grasp on this stuff?
Thanks,

Al

flex25

CallMeAl, I haven't thought about that song in a long time.  :)

If you used the setup wizard, then used the expert configuration, without clearing out the wizard settings, that could have messed things up.  Try doing a factory reset on the Obi, then setting it up again, using the expert configuration.

It sounds like your Obi may have your SP2 set as the primary line to dial out, so when you dial **2, Callcentric tries to call out.  You can see what set as your primary line if you log into your account on Obitalk, and see your settings for SP1 and SP2.