News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Additional Distinctive Ring

Started by Dutchbiy, January 21, 2013, 05:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutchbiy

It would be helpful to have at least 3 distinctive rings.  A,B & C.

If and when two Bluetooth adapters are supported.  It would be helpful for another distinctive ring to differentiate an incoming call from either of two paired cell phones.

giqcass

There are 10 ring patters.  There are only 2 ring profiles but you can pick from all 10 ring patterns within each profile.  You could even create a new ring pattern if you know how. I currently only use profile A but on my other line I set X_DefaultRing 6 so I can differentiate.  If you got creative you could have 20 ring patterns total.
Long live our new ObiLords!

CoalMinerRetired

It's wide open as to creating custom ring patterns (sometimes called ring cadence). The syntax is explained here

I've experimented with it quite a lot when I first got an Obi202. Two caveats from what I picked up: Whatever pattern you create you have to account for delivery of the Caller ID signals to your analog phone set, and the ringers in analog handsets may not respond as expected when you set the time increments down to the 0.1 (one tenth) of a second range. Some more insights here, #2.

giqcass

You know it would be and interesting project to make a ring pattern simulator or a ring pattern sharing thread.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Dutchbiy

I apologize for not being clear.  I was requesting 3 ring profiles when / if  2 Bluetooth adapters are supported so 2 cell phones would have a unique distinctive ring as well as the standard ring for the wired lines connected to the TA

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: giqcass on January 26, 2013, 01:10:57 PM
You know it would be and interesting project to make a ring pattern simulator or a ring pattern sharing thread.
Add your name to the existing feature request: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1547.0

Some observations that surprised me when experimenting with ring patterns: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4938.msg31929#msg31929

If you search for "cadence" instead of 'ring pattern' on here you'll get some insightful posts.