News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Just installed my first obi device obi202 have questions....Help

Started by Hoosier, February 07, 2013, 06:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoosier

I went and changed it Bridge but still cannot find printer when plugged in to the OBI202 router. Internet works just fine just cant find printer. When i changed it it said to click to reboot router which i did and the phone beeped a few times and stopped. I went back in and checked and it was still set to bridge???

Rick

Did you reboot the laptop?  It needs to acquire a new address.

If that doesn't work, try turning off the laptop, OBi202 and router.  Then reboot each, waiting 3 minutes between the last one.

If that doesn't work, you need to examine how the printer is hooked up.  Is it a wired printer hooked to another PC?  If yes, you need to make sure the laptop joins the same network.  Is it a wireless printer logged into a network?  If yes, same answer.  If it's plugged into the other router then it may be more complicated.

Hoosier

I done all this and still can not find printer when connected to the OBI202 router only when connected to the cisco router. My printer is wireless and not wired to any of my computers.

Also when i am on the phone talking to someone and i get another incoming call i do not get any notification that i have an incoming call??