News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV fast busy signal is out of control

Started by Holysmoke, August 19, 2012, 07:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holysmoke

I don't know if they do this to heavy users or if it is widespread issue they are having.

it is all over the google forums.

Pick up the phone, dial a number and get fast busy signal.  when this is happening all calls go to voicemail incoming.

9 out of 10 calls are busy now.

I see the issue dating back months now but it started for me in August 2012. 

Nervpop

Quote from: Holysmoke on August 19, 2012, 07:45:24 PM
I don't know if they do this to heavy users or if it is widespread issue they are having.

it is all over the google forums.

Pick up the phone, dial a number and get fast busy signal.  when this is happening all calls go to voicemail incoming.

9 out of 10 calls are busy now.

I see the issue dating back months now but it started for me in August 2012.  

I found this thread while doing a search. I am having exactly the same problem described by Holysmoke. Is there any solution to this problem?

carl

Nervpop

Quote from: carl on February 11, 2013, 03:51:39 PM
Never had this problem.

I'm glad you are not having this problem. But many people are having this problem. You can find some discussions about it (but unfortunately no solutions about it) here:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!searchin/voice/BUSY$20SIGNAL

lhm.

There is speculation on certain forums that this issue has to do with Bandwidth.com and not GV.

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r27675724-Google-Voice-Down-

Rick

I appreciate that people seek information out, but it's best to seek it in the proper place.  OBi is a device that can use many VoIP providers.  There are often many places that people discuss issues with those providers, and often much more expert than other places.

There is a huge GV forum on Google, and I'm sure there are many forums where people discuss all the ways to do fancy things with GV, Google's lack of service, etc.  This forum doesn't really have those discussions.  

I'd recommend if you're having issues with GV you first determine if it's an OBi related issue or a GV only issue.  That's most easily done by making the call again via your PC.  If it happens then, it's a GV only issue.  If it doesn't, it's related to the OBi.

I'm having no issues for the past many months.