News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voice Gateway Setup

Started by ArbitaryTwist, February 14, 2013, 06:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArbitaryTwist

I was trying to follow this post to setup the Voice Gateway 3, but i can't figure out the ITSP parts.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1063.0

I have Freephoneline.ca setup on SIP1, Google Voice on SIP2, and i would like to add VOIPJumper on Gateway 3, such that if someone dials 01191xxxxxxxxxx, the call is routed through VOIPJumper. Would appreciate the help. Just got my device yesterday so learning a few tricks i guess.

I should say that i am using an OBI110, but no physical line present.

RFord

Do you know if VOIPJumper allows calls WITHOUT registration?  In order for you to use a VOIP provider on one of the OBi's Gateways, that provider must allow calls without the ATA being registered to their Server.  Also, since your SIP provider is set up on SP1, then:

Access Number : SP1(sip.voipjumper.com)

ianobi

ArbitaryTwist,

RonR's post explains changes needed to add VG3 to Phone Port DigitMap and OutboundCall Route. RFord has explained regarding AccessNumber. All that remains is for you to add this rule at the front of the DigitMap of which service is your PrimaryLine:

(<**3>01191xxxxxxxxxx|...

By default in the OBi110 the following is true:
Msp1 = Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap
Msp2 =  Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap

Felix

Quote from: RFord on February 15, 2013, 04:06:50 AM
Do you know if VOIPJumper allows calls WITHOUT registration?  
Looks like one of Betamax companies, so the answer is likely to be yes. Note that to call abroad you dial 00xxx, not 011xxx! So, rather than using **3 prefix, you can route numbers that start with 00 to the gateway.

And if you dial both FreePhoneLine and GV with all 11 digits (12125551212), then you can channel all non-1 numbers to the gateway using something like <:00>[2-9]xxx.

ArbitaryTwist

Thanks for the reply guys. Sorry took me a bit to get back.

Well i am not sure if VOIPJumper supports calling without registration, but i need to find out.

So far i have made the following changes.

Physical Iterfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Mvg3)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Iterfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**3>011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Voice Gateway3

Enable - Yes
Name - VOIPJumper
AccessNumber - SP1(sip.voipjumper.com)
DigitMap : (<011:00>xx.|00xx.)
AuthUserID : username
AuthPassword : password

When i dial using 011, it says service not available. Maybe its a problem with VOIPJumper registration.
@Felix -> To call out of North America, you need to use 01191xxxxxxxxxx.

When i dial out it says "No Service Configured Error. Please logon to Obitalk.com........."
Anything i am doing wrong? Is there a test SIP client i can use to see if my settings are correct?

ianobi

Please confirm this setting:
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine

What happens if you dial numbers such as **3011xx... and **300xx...

Check in your local web page Status > Call History. Web page address can be found by dialling ***1.

QuoteWhen i dial out it says "No Service Configured Error. Please logon to Obitalk.com........."

What were you dialling when this happened?

ArbitaryTwist

Primary Line is set to SP1

When i dial **3011xxx or 011xxx it says "No Service Configured Error. Please log onto obitalk.com ....."

Nothing shows up in the call history. If i make a call through SP1 or GV, it goes through fine and shows up in the call history.

EDIT: So i setup VOIP Jumper on SP2 and everything is working well. I am not sure if VOIPJumper requires registration, but they won't answer that question. All i get back is to use the website settings.
https://www.voipjumper.com/sip

I would like to use it as VG3, so i can keep Google Voice.

azrobert

Un-register VOIP Jumper using your working setup on SP2.
Voice Services => SP2 service: X_RegisterEnable = unchecked

This will tell you if they accept un-registered outbound calls.

azrobert

There is a solution if they don't accept un-registered outbound calls.

Get a free PBXes.org account.
Define Freephoneline.ca and VOIP Jumper as trunks on PBXes.
Register SP1 as an extension on PBXes.

ArbitaryTwist

Quote from: azrobert on February 21, 2013, 09:12:27 AM
Un-register VOIP Jumper using your working setup on SP2.
Voice Services => SP2 service: X_RegisterEnable = unchecked

This will tell you if they accept un-registered outbound calls.

Works fine with Register Unchecked. So definately registration is not required.

azrobert

I don't see the problem, but try the below configuration. Why dial **3011xx or 011xx and have it converted to 00xx? Just dial 0091xxxxxxxxxx

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:
((Mvg3)|[1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
{(Mvg3):vg3},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Enable - Yes
Name - VOIPJumper
DigitMap : (00xx.)

zapattack

Question for anyone using Voice Gateways.
How long does it take for a VG call to complete? My Obi 110 takes a minimum of 10 seconds, but SP calls only take 2 seconds.
Testing with a LinkSys unit to unregistered provider shows completion in about 2 seconds also.
Tried using all the recommended configurations in the Forum.

ArbitaryTwist

Quote from: azrobert on February 21, 2013, 08:38:23 PM
I don't see the problem, but try the below configuration. Why dial **3011xx or 011xx and have it converted to 00xx? Just dial 0091xxxxxxxxxx

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:
((Mvg3)|[1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
{(Mvg3):vg3},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Enable - Yes
Name - VOIPJumper
DigitMap : (00xx.)

As far as i understand, you have to dial 011 to dial out of USA/Canada. So don't think the 0091xxxxx will work.

azrobert

<011:00>xx. in your digit map changes 011xx. to 00xx., so when you dial 01191xxxxx,  0091xxxxx is sent to VOIP Jumper.

If you need 01191xxxxxx sent to VOIP Jumper change the DigitMap in the Voice Gateway 3 in my config example to (011xx.), then dial 01191xxxxxx

hwittenb

Quote from: ArbitaryTwist on February 22, 2013, 06:21:00 AM

As far as i understand, you have to dial 011 to dial out of USA/Canada. So don't think the 0091xxxxx will work.
The voipjumper faq says you dial 00:

Please note that when you call a number (even if it's local) you should always dial 00 + countrycode + areacode + subscribernumber

http://www.voipjumper.com/instructions#call

ArbitaryTwist

Quote from: azrobert on February 22, 2013, 06:41:10 AM
<011:00>xx. in your digit map changes 011xx. to 00xx., so when you dial 01191xxxxx,  0091xxxxx is sent to VOIP Jumper.

If you need 01191xxxxxx sent to VOIP Jumper change the DigitMap in the Voice Gateway 3 in my config example to (011xx.), then dial 01191xxxxxx

Well i guess 011 doesn't matter, as i am using VOIP and not a Telco line.

So i changed the ITSP DigitMap to <**3>00xx. & VG3 Digitmap to (00xx.), but i still get the Service not configured error. Nothing shows up in the call history.

ianobi

Going back to Reply #4, all of the digit maps etc look fine to me. I wonder if there is something odd about sp1 that's somehow preventing vg3 from "piggy-backing" using sp1's SIP functions. If voipjumper works fine when set up on sp2, then your username/password settings etc are all ok.

You might try setting up a "Fake" SIP provider on sp1 or sp2 and see if vg3 works through it. If you use sp2 then change the vg3 AccessNumber to SP2(sip.voipjumper.com). "Fake" SIP provider for sp2:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : any letters/numbers
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : Whatever

This does seems an odd problem, so just trying to narrow it down!

azrobert

You are not following my example in Reply #11.  You have a conflicting definition in your configuration that nobody can see. That is why I removed the "**3" from your ITSP DigitMap and moved the rules to the beginning of your Phone DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.

Edit:

Dial 0081xxxxx, not **30081xxxxx

Edit2:

What is your Phone Port Primary Line set to?

ianobi

@ zapattack,

Often users leave the vgX DigitMap at xx. which always leads to a ten second delay while the OBi waits to see if you have finished dialling.