News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voice Gateway Setup

Started by ArbitaryTwist, February 14, 2013, 06:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArbitaryTwist

Quote from: azrobert on February 22, 2013, 08:30:33 AM
You are not following my example in Reply #11.  You have a conflicting definition in your configuration that nobody can see. That is why I removed the "**3" from your ITSP DigitMap and moved the rules to the beginning of your Phone DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.

Edit:

Dial 0081xxxxx, not **30081xxxxx

Edit2:

What is your Phone Port Primary Line set to?

Tried your setup, and still no go. Same error. I did dial 0091xxx.
Primary Line is set to SP1

azrobert

I defined Speed Dial #18 as:
sp1(0081123456789@sip.voipjumper.com;ui=UserID:password)

I dialed 18#. The call went out SP1 and I received a response (403 Forbidden). This is what I expected because I don't have an account at VOIP Jumper.

Can you try using a Speed Dial just to see if it works. The Speed Dial will bypass any DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute processing.

ArbitaryTwist

Quote from: azrobert on February 22, 2013, 12:21:47 PM
I defined Speed Dial #18 as:
sp1(0081123456789@sip.voipjumper.com;ui=UserID:password)

I dialed 18#. The call went out SP1 and I received a response (403 Forbidden). This is what I expected because I don't have an account at VOIP Jumper.

Can you try using a Speed Dial just to see if it works. The Speed Dial will bypass any DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute processing.

Well that works. Call went out as 0091xxxxxxxxx@sip.voipjumper.com through SP1 in call history

azrobert

This proves sp1 is functioning.  Did the call connect to the number you dialed?

Now try a Speed Dial defined as:
vg3(0091123456789)

ArbitaryTwist

Quote from: azrobert on February 22, 2013, 12:52:40 PM
This proves sp1 is functioning.  Did the call connect to the number you dialed?

Now try a Speed Dial defined as:
vg3(0091123456789)

Yes the call did go through. I just reset the OBI and adding it back to the Obi Dashboard.

EDIT:
Ok i went and reset the OBI and went back to my initial post settings and things seem to be working. I had done this once before too, but had the same problem. Really odd, but will let it run for bit to see how it works.

Only thing i want to add that is different from the last reset is, that i setup VG3 before Google Voice on SP2, but that shouldn't really matter.

Appreciate the help guys. Learning new tricks as you helped me troubleshoot it.
Again special thanks to Azrobert and Ianobi.

zapattack

Tried many ways in the VG map
1 - point to the SP2 map (which normally immediately routes 10D calls to PBXes)
2 - copy just the 10 digit map segment   (xxxxxxxxxxS0)
3 - use xx.

All take the same 10 seconds, or more, using **3 or not.
I guess most people are satisfied if it just works, eventually, but I would expect a VG to work just as quickly as an SP.

ianobi

That's odd. I find that VGs are as fast as SPs. The vgX DigitMap simply becomes part of the overall Phone Port DigitMap and Phone Port OutboundCallRoute in the same way as an MspX DigitMap.

It might be worth you setting up a speed dial using format vgX(1234567890). When used the OBi will send the number direct to the provider with no delay. This would show if the delays are definitely within the OBi.

zapattack

Thanks, only thing I haven't tried.
Unfortunately everything else, N11, 310xxxx,10D, 11D, 011, works very smoothly to PBXes or GV (using a code), so this is a bit perplexing. Will report.

zapattack

Put SP1 and 2 Maps to default, changed Primary Line, put exact 10D to vg3 code in Phone Digit Map and OCR, disabled GV and nothing changed!
Will have to try the route ArbitaryTwist took: reset back to basics and put VG3 in first.

ianobi

If your cure works, then it could show a worrying trend. Maybe a firmware bug.

I would still try the speed dial test using format vgX(2345678901) This avoids the use of any digit maps or outboundcallroutes, so does elimate some possible causes.

zapattack

My full reset unsuccessful because I forgot to delete it from dashboard. Even pushing the button with power off/on does not delete all settings (?) and I have all provisioning disabled.
Still have same delay with speed dial (**3NNNNNNNNNN) to local number.
Takes about 4 seconds before Call Status shows Terminal 2 info, then another 5-6 seconds to complete.
Need another non-register type of provider to prove anything.

ianobi

Speed dial **3NNNNNNNNNN is not the same as using trunk format vgX(2345678901).

**3NNNNNNNNNN is the same as dialling from the Phone Port. It gets processed by the Phone Port DigitMap and Phone Port OutboundCallRoute. Trunk format vgX(2345678901) goes straight to trunk with no processing.

zapattack

Sorry, meant VG3(NNN was no different than (**3NN for time to complete.
Longest delay is still after Call Status shows full sip address in Terminal 2 column.
Maybe Obi messages not properly handled by VoIP provider?

ianobi

It does look like a voip provider problem. I've just tried various providers on my voice gateways - sip2sip, sipbroker, qxip - they all seem to connect without any measurable delay.

A few comments about voice gateways:

Trunk format vg6(2345678901) is super-fast. It does not refer to any digit map, not even its own. This is a good way to send out numbers that maybe you want banned from normal use via the Phone Port - maybe some sort of parental control? It's also a good way to test for delays outside of the OBi as the number is sent out with no processing delays. The vgX does not even have to be referred to in the Phone Port DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute if you only want to use it via speed dials. The downside of trunk format is that it only works from speed dials (or when used in call-forwarding etc) from the OBi device it will not work via OBiON or OBiAPP.

Number format **62345678901 is a little slower and will be processed through the Phone Port DigitMap (Mvg6 in this case) and the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute. The upsides are it can be dialled from the Phone Port, auto attendant or via speed dials. The digit maps are used so number transformation can be used.