News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New User - Can I have the OBI/Google Phone number ring ONLY & not my cell phone?

Started by Krueger, February 14, 2013, 07:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krueger

Is there any way to set the configurations, so outside calls will only ring to my OBI/Google phone.  Right now both my cell phone and OBI/Google phones ring at the same time.  If possible I would like them to be seperate.

Please let me know, if this is possible.

Thank you!!

Rick

CoalMinerRetired

Yes, you can do this.

No, there is no one sentence answer explaining all the possible ways to do it.

Best way to do this is by associating a person, or a group of people, in your Google contacts, with a specific phone so that people in that group ring both your Obi phone and a cell phone. Everyone else rings only your OBI/Google phone. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'outside calls', outside your listed group(s) of known people? This is sort of what Google attempts to model with the groups function.

How to do this? Start here: http://support.google.com/voice/?hl=en#topic=1708125
and read the short explanations under:

How to > Call forwarding > 'Setting which phones will ring' and 'Call forwarding with your Google number'

and

How to > Voicemail, Contacts, Groups > Contacts, Groups, Greetings

There are probably a few more topics in there but you'll find them.

If you have a specific question, reply back.

ArmyPaladin

Easiest way for me was to create a separate Google account with a separate  goole voice number just for the obi, (since i have sprint cell, this prevented integration.