News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

911 setup IN English (vs Magic Jack 911)

Started by gduerson, February 15, 2013, 12:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gduerson

I bought a magic jack plus and just now learned about obitalk.  I think i'm wishing that I had purchased an ObiTalk instead and I'm considering buying the device and returning the MagicJack Plus. 

My main concern is 911.  I need 911 services on our home phone.  I've searched this board to get my answer and I'm seeing that it's possible, but right now I'm just looking for a simple, straightforward answer: 

Is is easy to set up 911 services?  Are the services dependable (can it be checked to make sure it actually works)? and is will it end up costing me less than what I'm paying annually for MagicJack Plus (which does seem to come with 911 services and costs $30 a year if you pay a year at a time)?

I don't need the technical set up instructions yet, but I'm just looking for an overall answer to the dependability and relative ease that this can be done.

Thanks.

RFord

I have the OBi110 and I have Google Voice (GV) setup on SP1 (primary Line) and Anveo on Sp2.  Anveo is used solely for e911 and the cost is $0.80 per month ($9.60 per year).  It is very reliable and I test this monthly/every two months to make sure the 911 center get the correct address.  There are other providers available such as Callcentric, where their rate is $1.50 per Month.

The OBi unit can setup you e911 automatically through the ObiTalk Web Service or you can set it up manually if you choose to forgo the OBiTalk approach.  This setup is as reliable as the Magic Jack e911 and depends on the Internet being "available".  Once you get your OBi unit, you can ask for help from the forum or from OBi support.