News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110 no incoming CID w/ GV

Started by sawlw, May 26, 2011, 02:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawlw

hi i just got the obi110 set it up with GV and my incoming CID is blank!!
i'm using a panasonic kx-tg6703 2 line phone!!
i tried looking through the forums with no luck!!
sorry if this is a newbi Q;
please help

thank you very much

RonR

Do you see the caller's number in the Call History log?

jimates

What RonR means is, google voice or the Obi do not support caller id name lookup. Current firmware only shows the number as a single line display on line 2 of your phone. (Unless the contact is in your PHONE'S contact list and the phone supports the contact lookup. Uniden phones do).

sawlw

Quote from: jimates on May 26, 2011, 03:36:46 PM
What RonR means is, google voice or the Obi do not support caller id name lookup. Current firmware only shows the number as a single line display on line 2 of your phone. (Unless the contact is in your PHONE'S contact list and the phone supports the contact lookup. Uniden phones do).

the cid shows up in the obi call log!
my obi is plugged into the line 2 of my phone, its not showing the number either

RonR

Quote from: sawlw on May 27, 2011, 01:17:43 AM
the cid shows up in the obi call log!

sawlw,

Make sure all Port Settings and Calling Features in the OBi's PHONE Port settings are at Default.

Since the OBi is clearly getting the CallerID from Google Voice, the problem is likely with your Panasonic telephone.  Substituting a different brand telephone that is CallerID capable would be the best test.  If another telephone displays CallerID properly, then your Panasonic may be have failed or there may be an imcompatibility between it and the OBi.

If other phones also fail to display CallerID, then there is a very remote possibility the OBi is at fault.