News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 100, Check tel line

Started by DocHudson, January 09, 2013, 03:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocHudson

I am using OBI100 with GV for about 3 months and had no problem with it until today morning. I found that my phone lost dial tone with OBI100 and GV.  Logged online and updated firmware, but still no luck.

On the device, the power led and phone led are still green, and the internet led is blinking green.  Online status shows that the device is connected.  My internet connection is okay.

I still don't have a ring tone, and all the commands like ***2 are not working.

There are other thread with similar question but I did not find "Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OnHookTipRingVoltage" anywhere. Can someone shed some light?

Also, if the unit is dead (like one of the poster with similar issue), how do I open a ticket with OBiTalk?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Quote from: DocHudson on January 09, 2013, 03:54:09 AMAlso, if the unit is dead (like one of the poster with similar issue), how do I open a ticket with OBiTalk?

You go to the Obi site, click on "Support", then click on "Open A Support Request"...

azrobert

Did you try a different phone?

You can also try a factory reset of the OBi100 using a paper clip in the designated hole in the bottom of the unit. Hold the button with the clip until the unit resets, aprox. 20 seconds.

Do a config backup before the reset.  The backup does not save passwords.
Config backup is found under Sys Management/Device Update.
I use the OBi version backup.

azrobert

I have an OBi110 and the OnHookTipRingVoltage is found under Phone Port.
It's the first item under sub-heading "Port Settings".

greggler

I am having this exact same issue.  OBI110 has been working fine for over a year and now i get intermittent lack of dialtone that seems to last for a few minutes and then go away.   on the OBI device, the phone light is blinking slow green when this happens.