News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't restore configuration from backup made today

Started by OZOi, February 18, 2013, 03:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OZOi

For those who will read this thread later:

I've just tested OBi provisioning using HTTP server and it's working the same way as with TFTP server. Example of ConfigURL value is http://domain.tld/folder/OBi.xml
Passwords could be set from downloaded XML file without any problems. The only problem is to set those passwords when uploading local configuration directly to OBi within LAN. It's weird...

Using HTTPS would be considered far better form security perspective, but I'm not confident that OBi can manage certificates. And I'm not sure how to setup SSH client on it to open secure tunnel and to get configuration from a remote server in secure manner too...

QBZappy

Quote from: OZOi on March 02, 2013, 07:15:20 PM
Using SHTTP would be considered far better form security perspective, but I'm not confident that OBi can manage certificates. And I'm not sure how to setup SSH client on it to open secure tunnel and to get configuration from a remote server in secure manner too...

Quote from: CustomATA on January 06, 2012, 08:51:02 PM
Quote from: RonR on January 06, 2012, 08:31:01 PM
I hadn't thought about, but it wouldn't surprise me if the config file format is the same as a backup file.  Is that the case?
Yes. The quick and easy way is to use a backup file (generated without any of the backup options checked) as starting point. That file doesn't include any of the secret fields, such as account passwords and protected provisioning variables, which have to be added manually. If you want the provisioning to be encrypted, as I do it, you'll need to encrypt the file with a tool such as OpenSSL and specify the right encryption parameters in ConfigURL.

Encryption is possible, as we can see from above post. It would only be relevant for remote configurations.

BTW, can you confirm that all config parameters can be changed, including the password using either HTTP/TFTP methods.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

OZOi

Yes, I can confirm that.

Passwords could be set from XML configuration file:
1. When downloading from TFTP server
2. When downloading from HTTP server
Passwords can not be set from the same configuration file:
1. When using Restore Configuration feature

And I don't see any reasonable explanation why?