News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi line always busy

Started by mjflynt, March 13, 2013, 07:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjflynt

Cox Internet in Phoenix recently implemented an upgrade increasing speed. I have a DOCSIS 3 SB6121 modem which had been working great with the Obi but since this upgrade the Obi does not ring, it gives callers a busy signal, and when I call out it acts normal until someone answers on the other end. All I can tell is that it quit ringing. I can not hear the other party nor can they hear me. Dead air.

I know the upgrade has affected me as I used to have all green indicators on the modem and now have two blue ones on send and receive. This indicates that there a bound streams instead of the previous unbound. Now, during the first couple days of this upgrade my Internet was going very slowly and many page wouldn't load. Some that did were broken, i.e., some images would not load or part of the page would be missing. I am still having these issues with time outs, but today it is much better. I called Cox, and all they want to do is roll a truck to "check my wires" which will, no doubt about it, cost me $50. Then they try to sell me wire protection crap. I live in a prewired apt. The wires are fine. I wish they would address the issue and not take forever to fix it. Has anyone else had any issues with Cox and the speed enhancements?

mjflynt

Does anybody from Obihai read these forums? I am trying to submit a ticket, and after filling out all the details I get this message:

This webpage is not available
The webpage at http://www.obihai.com/includes/sendSupportTicket.php might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 103 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED): Unknown error.

Can I submit the ticket here?

Rick

Read?   Maybe.  Respond?  No.  I reported to the moderators your post, perhaps that will work.

mjflynt

mjflynt

This issue is resolved. The fault was with the cable company and the upgrade. Thanks to anyone who helped!