News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming calls not ringing phone

Started by MNaqvi, January 22, 2013, 05:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNaqvi

Hello all,

I setup a Obi 110 for my Mom about a year.  She just let me know that for the past month that everyone is complaining that the calls are going direct to VM.  So GV nor the others ring the phone.

It's been a long while since I tinkered with it but I've tried everything.

I updated the firmware and the settings were imported from the ones that have always been working.

Current setup:

SP1-GV
SP2-Callcentric (E911)

UK DID going through SIP URI to Callcentric via call treatment.  Also using Callcentric VM

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:

{ph,sp2(1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com;ui=voicemail;d=15)}

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:

{ph,sp2(1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com;ui=voicemail;d=15)}

Please help.

AntonS

I have this happening to an obi 110 too. It used to work flawlessly and I can still call out, but incoming calls don't ring the phone at all.  I thought it was related to having two Obi's connected to Google Voice (at different locations), but now I am starting to think that there is something wrong with either the Obi or Google Voice. Did the recent firmware update of the Obi 110 (unintentionally) break something? I saw another thread with exactly the same complaint. I can briefly make it ring again by disconnecting and then reconnecting the power (a hard restart), but after one call it stops ringing.

MNaqvi

Quote from: JJ_GTA on January 23, 2013, 07:20:37 AM
Try this thread...

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5083.0

I tried this methods and they fixed my issue of GV.  I am still not getting incoming calls via the SP2. Straight to VM.

Felix

Sorry for asking, but what happens if you set SP2 Service - InboundCallRoute to simply ph?

MNaqvi

Quote from: Felix on January 23, 2013, 03:08:21 PM
Sorry for asking, but what happens if you set SP2 Service - InboundCallRoute to simply ph?

I actually changed that yesterday and to no avail.

To clarify I use CC for E911, for VM, and to receive calls via a UK DID from Localphone through their iNum call forwarding feature.  Now I could use a UK DID from CC but it's $6 a month instead of $1 (or free if you use UK DDI).

Some oddities are that if someone calls my iNum it goes straight to VM (on CC) or my CC number or my UK DID.  So I can't receive calls on SP2.  I can make calls on SP2 all day...(I can call CC numbers fine).

Felix

Quote from: MNaqvi on January 24, 2013, 03:08:39 PM
So I can't receive calls on SP2.  I can make calls on SP2 all day...(I can call CC numbers fine).
Which means that your device and not registered, but gets authenticated when you make an outgoing call (that's how "termination providers" work, such as CallWithUs and Betamax companies). Can you check on CC portal if you are actually registered there?

MNaqvi

Quote from: Felix on January 24, 2013, 06:57:06 PM
Which means that your device and not registered, but gets authenticated when you make an outgoing call (that's how "termination providers" work, such as CallWithUs and Betamax companies). Can you check on CC portal if you are actually registered there?

It says it's registered. I can make calls to the CC test number 17771234567.  I just don't receive them

Felix

Quote from: MNaqvi on January 25, 2013, 03:45:06 PM
It says it's registered.
says on ObiHai portal? or on CC portal?

I can make calls to the CC test number 17771234567.
That's irrelevant

I just don't receive them
That's why I repeat: Can you check on CC portal if you are actually registered there?

bigcat

:'( same here with the obi110. Not ringing