News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Insuring i'm using SP2 for 911?

Started by CallMeAl, February 24, 2013, 04:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallMeAl

Hi everyone,
So as of now, I am using Google voice on SP1 as my primary line for outgoing calls, and I have callcentric configured on SP2. However, I configured Callcentric using expert mode, so was never asked the question as to whether I wanted to use that service for 911. I  assume this is configured in the dialplan somewhere, but if so, I'm not comfortable enough yet with dialplans to know how to set it up. Ideally, I want both 911 and 933 to default to using SP2. Any tips on how to make this happen would be great.
Thanks,

Al

ianobi

Al,

By convention emergency numbers are sent direct to the service providers without need to be processed through the ITSP_X digit maps. I believe that you have an OBi100, so this should do it:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|933|**0|***|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(911|933):sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Additions shown in bold.

I note that 933 has not been allocated as an area code, so no conflicts should arise.

CallMeAl

Thanks. I'll give this a try and see what happens. Can you suggest any good reference reading on this topic? I would love to actually understand what this means  instead of just pasting it in. ;)

ianobi

The best reference is this forum. Search for "digit map" or "dial plan" user RonR. This is a good start:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=34.msg17057#msg17057

Here's a very rough guide:

The Phone Port DigitMap states what numbers / number formats are allowed to be dialled from the Phone Port. If a number is allowed, then the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute decides where that number is sent. For the purpose of this discussion imagine that there is only one giant Phone Port DigitMap and one giant Phone Port OutboundCallRoute. By referring to other digit maps such as Msp1, Msp2 etc, those digit maps become part of the overall Phone Port DigitMap and Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.

In your particular case, I have added 933 to the Phone Port DigitMap, so now 911 and 933 are allowed. When you dial 911 or 933 the Digit Map Processor will pass the digits through the Phone Port DigitMap and decide they are allowed. The number will then be passed to the Phone Port OutboundCall Route. There the whole number will be compared to each rule from left to right in turn and the first rule that matches will be implemented. In this case rule {(911|933):sp2} will match either 911 or 933 and send it directly to sp2.

I hope that helps - it certainly helps me to think about it every so often  :)

CallMeAl

Thanks!  This definitely gives me a place to start.
Take care,

--Al