News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot dial out even after factory reset

Started by Islander48, February 23, 2013, 07:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Islander48

I am new at this but have worked with SPA3102 before I bought a couple of Obi110. After installation and registration with ObiTalk I could immediately call using Obitalk **9 xxx xxx xxx - very impressive. But what I want is to use my service provider for international calls. So I set out to set up the digimaps on one of them and now I cannot dial out from it at all. Not even the *** menu or ** functions are accessible. So I did a factory reset throught Obitalk interface but nothing changed so I did a hardware reset with a pin but again nothing changed. The strange this is that I can still call in to the unit from the other one. What is going on?

RFord

If I'm following what you say correctly, the fact that you have added your OBi110 device to the OBiTALK Dashboard, it will override any changes made to the device, even after reset of any form.  You should delete the device from the OBiTALK and then do a reset.  Also, once you add the Device to the Dashboard, all changes to the configuration must be done there, as oppose to the local web interface, unless you disable the provisioning from the local web interface.  Do some more reading on the basic, but I think that is what is happening.

Islander48

Many thanks, all is well now.
The key was to delete the device from the dashboard before doing the reset.