News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi100 - The number you are trying to call is not reachable

Started by DocHudson, April 20, 2013, 04:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocHudson

I am using OBi100 with Google Voice and until last 2 days, it was working smoothly. Now, at random, it tells the caller that the number is not reachable (when actually I get 2 rings and if I pick up by that time, I hear the regular tone).

Everything seems fine and this message shows up at random. Any clues what is going on?

Thanks in advance.

zapattack

Reboot Obi to ensure it logs in again to GV.
Check the Status/Call History log to see if the failed call was registered as incoming,
and its disposition.
Should show Inbound and Ringing.
Are the failures from a specific area, or Cell vs. landline?
'Not Reachable' sounds like the call is not even getting to GV, because if the Obi was dead the call should go to Voice Mail (if you use it).

DocHudson

I am very sorry for this post but I am lost.

- How do I reboot? Just pull power cable out and then plug it in after 10 seconds or if there is any reboot option on the web? (If there is one, I did not find it).
- The status shows green (I suppose that means online) but I do not see call history log. Where do I check that?
Edit:I checked the call log on GV and all these 'Not reachable' calls are registered as lasting for a minute.
- How do I check this 'Incoming and Ringing' option? When the call is in progress, should status option change to this?
- Failures are not from specific area or cell vs landline.
- When one 'Not Reachable' message was heard by the caller, I was on another call..

Addition to yesterday's post, by the last night, significant disturbance was noticed during the call that I was unable to hear the caller (because of the disturbance).

Thanks for all help.

zapattack

You must log in to the Obi locally using the IP address you assigned (if static) or press ***4 on a phone attached to the Obi.
Once logged in, reboot is in the upper right hand corner, but pulling the plug is quicker.
Call History is under Status.
You should not hear noise or a static disturbance while talking. Is it all calls?
The GV log will show the time it took to send the call to Google VM, not Obi connection time.
Did you use Obi Expert online setup? If so, it may be best to delete your settings, and re-enter them.
When you are on a call, Call Waiting should send a beep. Verify that it is turned on.
Do Not make changes from local IP access to the Obi as the Obi Expert dashboard will over-write them.