News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Prevent incoming SIP calls

Started by a8ree, February 26, 2013, 11:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a8ree

I am using the same sip account on my Obi as I do for work purposes on my laptop and mobile. I don't want the house phone to ring for the sip account as I only want to use it for outgoing.

Can someone help?

hwittenb

Quote from: a8ree on February 26, 2013, 11:27:12 PM
I am using the same sip account on my Obi as I do for work purposes on my laptop and mobile. I don't want the house phone to ring for the sip account as I only want to use it for outgoing.

"Registration" is required to receive incoming calls.  Many voip providers allow you to make calls without registration.  If your voip provider does not require registration you can setup (configure) the OBi to not register and you will not receive incoming calls.

Voice Service --> SPx Service --> X_RegisterEnable [uncheck]

QBZappy

Another way to do it:
SPX Service->X_InboundCallRoute = remove the "ph"
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RFord

In that case, if the provider allows calls without registration, why waste a valuable SPx port?   ;D

He should go ahead and setup that provider on one of the Voice Gateway accounts (e.g, VG3) and adjust the dialing plan accordingly.  Of course this required that SP1 or SP2 is setup for SIP.  The OP can setup a sub-account (if possible) at the SIP provider or use the other pseudo-sip approach (I think?).  Or use one of the free incoming sip providers like Callcentric.

I'm curious as to how the OP doing simultaneous registration with OBi/Laptop/mobile to the same SIP account?

Quote from: hwittenb on February 27, 2013, 07:33:22 AM
Quote from: a8ree on February 26, 2013, 11:27:12 PM

"Registration" is required to receive incoming calls.  Many voip providers allow you to make calls without registration.  If your voip provider does not require registration you can setup (configure) the OBi to not register and you will not receive incoming calls.

Voice Service --> SPx Service --> X_RegisterEnable [uncheck]

ianobi

QuoteI'm curious as to how the OP doing simultaneous registration with OBi/Laptop/mobile to the same SIP account?
The OP is using sipgate.co.uk and they do allow multiple registrations on the same account. An incoming call to that account forks to all of the end points and the first end point to answer wins the race.

I really don't know if you can call without registration using sipgate.co.uk. I do have an account with them, but I can't be bothered to wait for an hour for the registration to run out  :) Also, during that time the OBI won't process an incoming call to the unregistered account. I'm hoping that a8ree will test this and let us know!

@ QBZappy
QuoteSPX Service->X_InboundCallRoute = remove the "ph"

If there are no other rules and you leave this blank, then the OBi assumes ph as a default position. To stop the phone ringing we need our old friends the curly braces {}.

Nepto

@ QBZappy
QuoteSPX Service->X_InboundCallRoute = remove the "ph"
If there are no other rules and you leave this blank, then the OBi assumes ph as a default position. To stop the phone ringing we need our old friends the curly braces {}.

This seems to work well, but only for few seconds. Then configuration changes are reverted back. Here is what is happening:

I go to SP2 Service->X_InboundCallRoute administration, and change "ph" to "{}".
Save the changes. Reboot is required.
So I do reboot and I can see the red-light for a while.
After reboot is done, I can see that "{}" is saved.

If I make a call right now, it will be answered with busy signal. Great!

Then suddenly, after following 15-20 seconds, red-light will flash again and Obi is rebooted again (without my interaction). I do not mind, it can reboot 100 times a day. Problem is, that settings are reverted back, so there is no longer "{}" in SP2 Service->X_InboundCallRoute, but there is "ph" again. Of course I can call  to my Obi and it is ringing.

I tried it 30 times without no luck. Second reboot just happen, no matter what I do. It is so frustrating. I would never believe, that something like this (block incoming calls) could be that difficult.

Any ideas?

ianobi

Nepto - welcome to the forum.

Your problem is as old as the invention of the OBi   :)   Your settings are being overwritten by the OBiTALK portal. Read here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=92.0

Until you are familiar with all of the pros and cons of provisioning etc,  I recommend you go with the preferred Obihai method:

Make changes via the Obi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot. Then move on to the next page if required.

mykmayk

Quote from: QBZappy on February 27, 2013, 07:50:54 AM
Another way to do it:
SPX Service->X_InboundCallRoute = remove the "ph"

Very helpful tip. In my case, I need this because I have incoming calls forwarded to both LINE and SP2. I want the incoming call to ring either the LINE OR SP2 ONLY but NOT both simultaneously.

Danke!
əʞɪɯ mɪke