News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi reboots daily

Started by VOIPisGreat, March 01, 2013, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOIPisGreat

I have noticed that my obi has been rebooting around the same time each day for the last few days.

The reboot code has always been (6)

which according the the admin guide:

6: New Profile Invoked AND Profile URL Changed

What does this really mean? At the time of the reboot no one is access the obi or anything on the network.

Any clue is appreciated. Thank you.

RFord

Access your Obi Local Web page (192.168....) or through the Dashboard and disable automatic Firmware update and this will solve the 24-hour reboot.

VOIPisGreat

I checked the setting, it's already set to "disabled". Any other suggestions?

RFord

Does your OBi Device have a static IP Address?  If not, set a Static IP.  Those are the only two things I can think of that would cause a reboot every 24-hours.  Others have stated that a mis-configured Digitmap/Inbound/Outbound Call Route can cause reboot issues.  Have you made any changes to your ATA recently?

VOIPisGreat

No, the obi doesn't have a static address, I never had a problem with this, but I'll give it a static address to see if it makes any difference. Btw, my understanding is reboot due to this should have reason code 12 or 13, but I am getting code 6.

I have not changed the settings of the obi for a while and it's been up for over 20 days before it started rebooting daily starting a couple days ago. :(

Quote from: RFord on March 01, 2013, 03:07:27 PM
Does your OBi Device have a static IP Address?  If not, set a Static IP.  Those are the only two things I can think of that would cause a reboot every 24-hours.  Others have stated that a mis-configured Digitmap/Inbound/Outbound Call Route can cause reboot issues.  Have you made any changes to your ATA recently?