News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Viatalk issues

Started by Kamakzie, April 03, 2012, 06:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamakzie

I have Viatalk setup as a generic VOIP provider on SP1.  It works fine for a day or two but then when I try calling out it will say "the number you have dialed has been rejected by the call provider."  Then I have to reboot the Obi device and it will work again for a day or two.  Is there anyway to fix this issue?

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: Kamakzie on April 03, 2012, 06:14:06 PM
I have Viatalk setup as a generic VOIP provider on SP1.  It works fine for a day or two but then when I try calling out it will say "the number you have dialed has been rejected by the call provider."  Then I have to reboot the Obi device and it will work again for a day or two.  Is there anyway to fix this issue?

I've never tried to connect to a Viatalk account from an Obihai device but have had to set one up to go to an Asterisk server, and one thing I know about them is that they have several different servers in different timezones and not all are created equal, and once in a great while they'll mix things up and a server that's worked fine for months or years can stop working.  So I would first try a different server.  Any working Viatalk server should accept your account credentials, and if you can't find a Viatalk server list on Viatalk's site then I'd try asking or doing a search in the VoIP forum of BroadbandReports.com because for some reason I am thinking that people have posted Viatalk server information there.  You want to use a server that's as close to you as possible (in a networking sense) but that preferably doesn't give you strange issues.

Don't know if this will help but maybe worth a try.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

Kamakzie

Thanks for the reply.  I posted the same question over at DSLreports.com and we will see what they have to say.

Jsureal

Some viatalk servers answer on non standard ports for less-suboptimal routing.  Ask the nice VT people in a ticket.  Ask repeatedly if need be.