News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi to Obi disabled after Callcentric setup on SP1 - no GV

Started by waldogobardhan, June 11, 2013, 08:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waldogobardhan

Hi,

I am probably in the minority as have not really setup GV on the Obi...s

Bought 2 Obi 110 to setup callcentric - after much reading was able to get the both obi's to register :

- scenario 1 - 2 extensions on 1 callcentric account. Could call 101 / 100 to call the other extension. CANT call obi to obo using **9 (obi number) - can call **9 222 222 222 to do the echo test

- scenario 2 - extension 100 on 2 different callcentric accounts. Could call the other using the callcentric number. CANT call obi to obo using **9 (obi number) - can call **9 222 222 222 to do the echo test

What am I missing? ....

Thanks

giqcass

Try changing the local port of the OBitalk service for one of the OBis if they are on the same network.
Long live our new ObiLords!

waldogobardhan

Hi,

Setting up Callcentric using auto config worked but only for default extension (and that too only sometimes). I made changes manually...Also dont follow instructions on callcentric website for the Obi100 - they mess up the keymap (or I am just too much of a newbie)

=========================
After digging thru many forum posts - this is what worked for me:
1. Disable auto provisioning of ITSP so that obi portal does not wipe out changes - make this change under Device/System Administration. Keep Obitalk provisioning to administer from obitalk portal. (aside - also learnt that device soft/hard reset does not touch these settings)

(copied from a couple other forum posts - sorry forgot to credit the appropriate person)
WAN Settings:
DNSServer1 = 216.231.41.2  (one of Callcentrics recomended DNS)

ITSP Profile SIP:

ProxyServer = srv.callcentric.com
RegistrarServer = callcentric.com (other poster said to leave blank)
UserAgentDomain = callcentric.com (other poster said to leave blank)
OutboundProxy = callcentric.com (other poster said to leave blank)

X_ProxyServerRedundancy = unchecked
X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix = checked

SPx Service:

X_KeepAliveEnable = enabled
X_KeepAliveExpires = 120

For Callcentric auth username/password - make sure you have modified extensions and changed passwords (be careful to make sure you follow callcentric guidelines for passwords or your SIP extensions may not have passwords you entered). Username is 1777MYCIDEXT (with 3 number defined extension) and password

Save - Reboot - check status of Obi to see it registered. Sometimes, it would, sometimes after a reset - cant say conclusively. After, it registers, callcentric extensions will also show as registered (refresh web page).

As separate extensions - calling just the extension will ring the other. You can call using the **9 and the Obi

Obion also registers and works (I only tried android)
----------------------------

Tip - if nothing is registering - download callcentric softphone enter 1777CIDEXT (with 3 digit extension) and password is the most reliab le way to make sure that the SIP ext and password are working correctly. Once it registers to try another extension (if you dont have another PC) is to close the app - go to where callcentric app was installed and delete the ini file in bin folder (i think) and restart to prompt for login ext and password. Callcentric softphone app bypasses the DNS server and SRV records...(I think)

Good luck - I hope this helps you - it took me 96 hours of frustration