News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to setup voipo just for emergency calls and it should not ring

Started by Pc1508, March 08, 2013, 12:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pc1508

I have gv as my primary telephone number though I also have voipo so I decided to set it up as my emergency number bec it has 911 service but the obi portal is forcing me to have it ring on at least one phone and I don't want that is there any way for me to prevent my voipo number from ringing when someone calls my voipo number and just have it for emergency 911

Thanks so much in advance I truly you appreciate you taking the time to help a noob

Rick

I don't think so, for this reason.  When you call 911, they have to be able to call you back.  So, any steps you take to not have that line ring would mean that it wouldn't ring IF they called you back. 

Who is going to call a number that no one knows?

Pc1508

Quote from: Rick on March 08, 2013, 01:38:02 PM
I don't think so, for this reason.  When you call 911, they have to be able to call you back.  So, any steps you take to not have that line ring would mean that it wouldn't ring IF they called you back. 

Who is going to call a number that no one knows?
It will ring just not through the obi device

ianobi

Assuming that voipo is on sp2, then change from:

Voice Services > SP2 Service > X_InboundCallRoute: ph

to:

Voice Services > SP2 Service > X_InboundCallRoute: {}

RFord

Just to be clear, you have the VOIPo setup on another ATA (possibly a locked device) on your LAN and you have the credentials for that same VOIPo account to set up the same account on the OBi SP2, which would be used for E911?  Does VOIPo allows two or more devices to register to the same account?

If that is the case, could you set up the VOIPo account on one of the Voice Gateway accounts using the supplied credentials?  This will only work if VOIPo allows outgoing calls without registration and require a SIP account on SP2 [ or what I commonly refer to as a pseudo SIP account...127.0.0.1 ]

The other option is to do some form of IP dialing from the OBi ATA to the other VOIPo device.  I had this setup where I could direct IP dial E911 calls from one SIP device (SPA3102) to another ATA on my LAN.  I'm not sure how to set it up on my OBi110, but someone might be able to point you in the right direct.

Does VOIPo have sub-accounts?  Does the Sub-Accounts have the same E911 capabilities of the main account?  In that case you could set up the sub-account on SP2 (registered) and using Ianobi suggestion.