News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiWiFi for $14.99 at Newegg

Started by azrobert, March 07, 2013, 06:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoKing

IMO $15 should be the regular price of the OBiWiFi, $25 is too much. The same for the OBi Bluetooth adapter.

giqcass

I don't see any reason to complain about the regular price.  I'm just gonna snap one up.  Now let's get a deal on the BT adapter so I can grab a second one.
Long live our new ObiLords!

giqcass

They are all sold out.  Guess I'll check back later.

LeoKing

Quote from: giqcass on March 07, 2013, 05:17:27 PM
I don't see any reason to complain about the regular price.  I'm just gonna snap one up.  Now let's get a deal on the BT adapter so I can grab a second one.

I was not complaining. The prices are a bit high for the USB network adapter and BT adapter, IMO.

giqcass

I just wish they hadn't been out of stock.  I don't really need one but I would have bought it for travel and for testing.  I'm not willing to pay $25 bucks for one either.

I bet we will see this price pop up again.

LeoKing

I would set up the price alert so that the next time Newegg has it at this price, you will receive the email notification.

Ostracus

Picked on up, and yes with the dual-BT capability, another BT dongle would be useful.

giqcass

I set the price alert immediately after I realized they ran out.  I'll be prepared next time.  I also checked Amazon as they often put the deals there as well.

Ostracus

Installed it (not as easy as depicted on the tin) and...debating if it's a good upgrade. System pages load much slower and time out. I'll see how call performance is latter.

Edit: Sped it up loading by giving it a static address IN THE ROUTER.
Edit: Still had issues of slowness and calls not going thru. Restored to previous setup, till Obihai starts testing things more thoroughly.

giqcass

Alright picked up a Wifi dongle $14.99.  Would have grabbed another BT dongle but they were out.

Ostracus

Quote from: giqcass on March 20, 2013, 07:28:27 PM
Alright picked up a Wifi dongle $14.99.  Would have grabbed another BT dongle but they were out.

They're also $49.99 too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833617007

giqcass

You had to add it to your cart and use the code to get the discount.

On a side note it says the Bluetooth adapters are discontinued on New Egg.  Hate to hear that.

Ostracus

Quote from: giqcass on March 23, 2013, 05:17:03 PM
You had to add it to your cart and use the code to get the discount.

On a side note it says the Bluetooth adapters are discontinued on New Egg.  Hate to hear that.

Indeed. Maybe Obihai is readying the new and improved model?

giqcass

A BT dongle that works like two would be nice. 

giqcass

New egg no longer says discontinued for the BT adapters.   ???