News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Interferance???

Started by Miichael, March 06, 2013, 12:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miichael

I have not had my OBI 100 setup too long.....but....lately the people I call on my ATT Cordless phones are having one "H" of a time understanding me....so bad that I have had some call me back on my cell phone.  On just a outside chance I tried one of those DSL Filters that they make you use with that service - did not work.
    Can someone please tell me "what it is"?  I mean by that - does everyone get this or just sometimes?  could it be my ATT phones?  Is there something that I can do to improve this situation?  PLEASE advise..............

TKS  michael

Rick

It situations like this you need to do some elementary detective work.

1) Change the channel that your ATT cordless phones are using.  If you don't know how to do that, read the manual.  If you don't have the manual, it will be on their site (note that ATT phones are NOT made by ATT, they sold the name off years ago).

2) Position the base station away from routers, etc. that may be interfering.

3) Remove the ATT base station (unplug it).  Try a different phone.

Miichael

Rick - THANKS for the good advice about my problem....not solved yet, but did find was not as bad when I moved the base unit off of my 'puter table.  I think I am going to have to replace these Cell Phones [base & 1 Sat.].???

Rick

Cheap computer speakers with magnets?