News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

3 google voice account setup

Started by nickj, March 09, 2013, 04:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickj

I just recieved my Obi202 and am trying to set it up with 3 google voice accounts (SP1, SP2 and SP3).  I can get all three GV accounts to work on SP1 and SP2 but I can get any of them to work on SP3.  Any suggestions?

CoalMinerRetired

Your description is lacking a few details that will be useful.

What exactly qualifies as not getting any of them to work on SP3?  The "SP3 Service Status" will never show "Connected" when configured for GV? Your phone(s) will not ring? Something else?

Assuming you are using the ObiTalk Portal (link above to the right) and not using 'Expert Mode,' (Obi Expert Configuration button) what status shows for the three SPx services
after you click through your device under My OBi Endpoints on the Dashboard?

nickj

Thanks for the response.  Sorry for the lack of details.  SP3 always says "service not configured" rather than "connected."  I have 3 people in my home, each with their own Google voice account.  Each of the GV accounts works for SP1 and 2, but I cannot get any of them to show as "connected" on SP3.

CoalMinerRetired

I guess you already tried to configure SP3 for Google Voice via clicking on the gear icon and following the setup for GV?

On another point, something doesn't make sense in both of your posts. I don't understand what you mean by, or how you accomplish getting three GV accounts to 'work' on two SPs? 

The way it works is one SP = one Google Voice number. Are you saying you have three different GV accounts configured to work on two SPs, SP1 and SP2? This is not possible, so something might be wrong here.

Or are you saying you 'switched them out' to test, for example you setup GV#1 on SP1, and GV#2 on SP2, and then you setup GV#3 on SP1, with GV#2 on SP2, etc.  You'll never be able to have three GV accounts working under two SPs,

nickj

You are correct, i switched them out to make sure something wasn't wrong with a GV account.  I used the gear icon to set them all up.  I only went into expert mode to change the ring styles.  I can get any of the 3 GV accounts to work on SP1 and SP2 but I cannot get any of the GV accounts to work on SP3.  I tried SP4 a time or two and it behaved the same as SP3; all it ever said was "service not configured" after waiting 2 minutes and pressing F5.  Anyway, so I know each of the GV accounts are working fine.  I have done it enough times to know that the account and password is typed correctly.  I have reset everything to factory defaults and started over and still cannot get any of them to work on SP3.  What else could I possibly try?  I read that other users are able to get 3 GV accounts to work, but its seeming like there might be a limit to 2 or something.

nickj

well, After not changing anything for a day or so, I arrived home from work to SP3 saying that it is now connected and it works fine.  I'm confused but glad its work.  Thanks for your help and replies.

Felix

maybe there was some glitch... I have 3 GV accounts on one of my OBi202, and it's working fine. In my situation I didn't even need to use expert mode...

giqcass

Glad to hear it's working.  I also have three GV accounts on one device.  I however set everything up locally and I have never actually used the portal.  I hope everything goes well.  The Obi has been very good for me so far.  There are many other things you can do with the OBi if you decide to poke around a little.
Long live our new ObiLords!