News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Wired buzzer/intercom in old appartment building

Started by katsik, March 12, 2013, 04:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shale

Quote from: katsik2 on April 12, 2013, 07:22:53 AM
Tried different browsers...same result-negative.
Could be something wrong in my profile  setups?
Any workarounds like update "expert" config file and upload it?
What negative result? At what stage of the process does something not do what you expect? What did you expect, and what happened instead.
Maybe say you did A, B, C, but when you tried to do D, I could not get X to appear... or some such.

katsik2

I just figured out:
For this variable change I should do local login...I tried modification on obitalk.com expert web interface!
Now I need helper to test variables.
To be continued....

Diana

If you have your ATA setup on your OBiTALK Portal, you have to make the changes there as oppose to the Local Web Page.  If you make the changes on the Local Page, it will be overwritten by the OBiTALK values.  It is quite simple, unchecked each variable (both Device Default and OBiTALK Settings) and make the appropriate changes.  Once the changes are made, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.  The values will be updated with a minute on your OB110 after it reboots!

katsik2

Diana,
1.On obitalk.com  If I uncheck checkbox "Obitalk settings" check moves to Device Default checkbox.
Cannot have both unchecked.
2. What is ATA setup?

Shale

1. When the other checkmark appears, click it too. Then both will be gone, and you can modify the adjacent box.

2. ATA is Analog Telephone Adaptor. That is another term for your OBi box.

katsik2

Thanks Shale... Now I can change settings.
Next step will be testing them
For starter I will set:
RingThreshold                        13.50-16.50
RingIndicationDelayTime          0
Will report results

ma678

I have the same problem. Hook the buzzer into Line port. No ring at all.

Just changed value and will test tomorrow.

OP, does yours work now?

ajosefox

Hey all! Found this thread while researching OBi. I have yet to purchase an OBi product but am moving into a new apartment at the beginning of June and am looking for a VoIP solution. However, one of the move in documents I received states that I need an analog phone for use with the apartment's buzzer system. It specifically says that this will not work with VoIP provided by the cable company, that is the buzzer doesn't use a phone number but directly rings the phone within the unit. Anyway, seems like a few of you are in the same boat. Any chance you've had any success getting the OBi to play nice with your old intercom systems?