News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 worked great, until 2 days ago. Now dead in water.

Started by jonredraider, March 12, 2013, 08:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonredraider

Hello,

I have a 110 that has worked great for about 9 months using Google voice.  Starting yesterday we noticed no dial tone.  Troubleshot the best I could before deciding to try a factory reset.  Now here's the deal...

Have a solid green light.  Can connect to the device via http without issue, so I know it's on the local network at least.  Removed all devices from my Obitalk list and tried to re-register.  I have a phone directly plugged into the phone port on the device but have no dialtone and ** commands aren't doing anything.

I've tried to reboot everything a whole bunch of times.  It almost seems like either their service is down, which I doubt, or that the phone port out of the device has broken.  Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

jonredraider

A little more info...

Noticed my incoming call logs for google voice showed calls received today.  It's as if it wasn't sending them to the phone.

Also checked the obi config right now and it does say
OBiTALK Service Status
Parameter Name   Value   
Status   Normal (User Mode)

Am I crazy for concluding my device is faulty after all of this?

Shale

jonredraider

zapattack

I note you have a 110.
Do you have the PSTN line connected? If so, do other phones ring on incoming calls OK, but not the Obi?
When you take the phone off-hook, does the Obi Phone led start to flash?
Basically a short circuit should activate the Obi Phone led.
It would be perfectly safe to use a small screwdriver or similar metal object to momentarily short/connect the two centre gold wires in the Phone socket on the Obi to see if the Phone led starts flashing.

jonredraider

I don't presently have phone service of any kind to plug into the pstn port.  Is that required to activate?  I suppose I did have it the first time I set up, but it has since been cancelled.

I figured that the activation was occurring via internet?

Rick

Quote from: jonredraider on March 13, 2013, 06:50:13 AM
I don't presently have phone service of any kind to plug into the pstn port.  Is that required to activate?  I suppose I did have it the first time I set up, but it has since been cancelled.

I figured that the activation was occurring via internet?

You do not need a PSTN line. 

I'd suggest you open a Support Ticket with OBi on their main page, then click on Support.

jonredraider

Thanks all.

I had emailed support last night and they got back to me.  Seems they are leaning towards a hardware failure too since they are offering me a replacement already.  I will try to let you all know how it resolves.