News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo 933/911 stopped working

Started by mwalt2, March 14, 2013, 08:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwalt2

I recently setup my obi202 and had everything working ok.  I put GV on SP1 and Anveo on SP4 for e911 service.  The 933 test call worked correctly.  Last night, I decided to move the obi from a port on my router to be directly connected to my cable modem and my router connected to the LAN port of the obi and configured as a DMZ (in obi settings).  I also added a second GV number to SP2 for a fax machine and plugged phone 2 line into the fax machine. 

After doing this, 933 no longer worked.  I removed the 2nd GV account from SP2, removed/readded the Anveo account, double checked to make sure 911/933 were added in the rules, and I still cannot get 933 to work. 

I thought it might be a problem with the Anveo test, so I decided to do a 911 test call after letting the non-emergency dispatch know.  When I called 911, it was silent for 20-30 seconds, rang twice, and then disconnected.  A couple minutes later, I got a call back from a 911 dispatch center 250 miles away in Canada (I'm in Michigan...) and they did not have my correct address.  The only thing I have not tried as far as set-up is to re-attach the obi up to my router (mainly because it should work directly connected to the cable modem and I do not want to forward all of the ports again on my router for the obi to work).

Anveo shows as registered in the obi status page and 911/933 are configured to go out on SP4.  Does anyone have any ideas on what I should check?  Thanks, e911 was one of the main reasons I purchased the obi...so I'd like to get it working again.

mwalt2

I've factory reset the OBi202, removed all SP's, and deleted the device from obitalk Device Configuration.  I then re-added the device, re-added GV on SP1, and re-added Anveo on SP4 with e911 service checked.  OutboundCallRoute has {911:sp4},{933:sp4} at the beginning, but it still will not connect to 933.  Anveo shows the SIP Status online in their dashboard.  What am I doing wrong?

giqcass

Just as a test turn off DMZ on the OBi and try to make the call again.  It should not make a difference but I have a crazy hunch.  It would be good to check the call logs on the OBi and on Anveo to see if the call took the correct route.
Long live our new ObiLords!

mwalt2

Quote from: giqcass on March 14, 2013, 05:42:16 PM
Just as a test turn off DMZ on the OBi and try to make the call again.  It should not make a difference but I have a crazy hunch.  It would be good to check the call logs on the OBi and on Anveo to see if the call took the correct route.
You're right, it was the DMZ setting  :-\.  That is weird.  It's hard to see how a setting on the router portion of the OBi202 would block the phone portion from working.  I guess I don't really need to enable DMZ since NAT, firewall, etc are not enabled on the OBi202 by default.  Thanks for the hunch! 

Shale

Quote from: giqcass on March 14, 2013, 05:42:16 PM
Just as a test turn off DMZ on the OBi and try to make the call again.  It should not make a difference but I have a crazy hunch. 

Impressive!

giqcass

I noticed the DMZ setting on the OBi202 can cause some traffic to hop right over the obi sometimes even if it was meant for the OBi.
Long live our new ObiLords!