News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice New Contact Managment

Started by RFord, March 16, 2013, 09:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFord

Some how Google Voice has changed the entire contact management System and I cannot seem to change the settings for each contact as I could in the past.  Is there anyway I can get back the old style, where I could block or send a specific contact to voice mail, etc.?

giqcass

Currently the only way I see is by adding the person to a Group or Circle.  You could create a new group for one contact.  Then You can manage that Group by going to Google Voice >> Settings >> Groups and circles

Long live our new ObiLords!

VOIPisGreat

According to the help page:

"To access custom Google Voice settings for a particular contact:
    1. Sign in to your Google Voice account.
    2. Search for your contact's name in the search field at the top of the window, and when it appears, click the contact's name.
    3. On the contact card that appears, select edit settings. From there you can edit your contact's Google Voice specific settings."

I tried it many times, on many different machines, using different browsers; clicking "edit settings" did nothing to me, it's a broken function apparently. I wish they at least tested it before forcing everyone using google contacts.

RFord

VOIPisGreat:

Your results are what I'm getting also.  This started maybe a week ago.  Why would Google mess with something that in my opinion was perfect.  Now you cannot block a specific caller on GV Portal or route them to voice mail or Spam folder.

Rick

I thought simply Blocking the number plays the tone and the message. 

azrobert

Quote from: Rick on March 17, 2013, 09:33:15 AM
I thought simply Blocking the number plays the tone and the message. 

Before GV made these changes there was an option to block callers.
I don't see that option now.

Rick

Still there.  Find a call in history or in box.  Click on the More tab below the number.

azrobert

Quote from: Rick on March 17, 2013, 09:46:32 AM
Still there.  Find a call in history or in box.  Click on the More tab below the number.
You are correct.
Before there was an option under Voice Mail Greeting to block the caller.
I didn't know you could block the number from History.
I'm going to delete the extraneous info from my post.

EDIT:
When I deleted the blocking part of my post it was basically the same as giqcass's post, so I just deleted it.